Kirkstall UFO

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
Troll

Post by Troll »

Hi,I am quite interested in UFOs and anything thats a bit odd or mysterious including ghosts etc. I have seen a couple of UFOs, Don't know what they were, but were in the sky so they qualify as UFOs to me. I am not saying they come from Mars or anything, just that I could not identify them.The first was in the 1970s at Scarcroft which I will leave for now. The other was last summer (2006) near YTV.My wife, daughter and myself were on our way home from watching Leeds playing at Headingley. The time would be between 9.30 and 10.00 pm on a friday. Very light cloud. Being a summer evening it was still quite light.We were travelling along Willow road towards Kirkstall road, when I noticed a black object in the sky above the Willow road/Kirkstall road traffic lights.My wife was driving so I got a good look at it.The object was circular, solid and had a hole in the middle, and looked like a do-nut or the inner tube of a tyre. It was quite a way up but I wouldn't like to say how far up or how big it was.The object didn't seem to move but just hung in the air.Lots of other people were looking at it too.I didn't see anything on TV or in the YEP, or hear about it on Radio Leeds, during the following week.Wish I knew what it was.
Go the Rhinos.

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

My friend and I once saw one back in the 70's and no-one else saw it! It was massive, made a horrendous droning noise, was covered in mirror mosaic tiles, had strange writing underneath and passed over us really slowly. It too was doughnut shaped, but no hole in the middle, it had rounded edges. The reason we looked up was because we both heard the approaching noise, which startled us. When I looked, no-one was stood anywhere near us, it was like they were all outside a huge invisible circle around us. I told my mum and she phoned Leeds/Bradford, who denied anything of that ilk had taken off from there. Again, nothing on local tv or radio either! I also would love to have known what it was!

Troll

Post by Troll »

Hi, heard no noise in our case, but we were in the car with the radio on and other traffic round. In this case there were lots of people watching so something was in the sky.
Go the Rhinos.

Leeds Lass

Post by Leeds Lass »

When I was researching for my paranormal book, I got hundreds of letters about UFO's seen in Leeds, complete with drawings and stories of little alien fellas that had been seen too! Some of it was quite scary!! Then again, I am a self-confessed wuss at times!!! lol

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Leeds Lass wrote: My friend and I once saw one back in the 70's and no-one else saw it! It was massive, made a horrendous droning noise, was covered in mirror mosaic tiles, had strange writing underneath and passed over us really slowly. It too was doughnut shaped, but no hole in the middle, it had rounded edges. The reason we looked up was because we both heard the approaching noise, which startled us. When I looked, no-one was stood anywhere near us, it was like they were all outside a huge invisible circle around us. I told my mum and she phoned Leeds/Bradford, who denied anything of that ilk had taken off from there. Again, nothing on local tv or radio either! I also would love to have known what it was! that is spooky,because my brother in law,a very down to earth rough and tough bloke,saw exactly the same thing in about 1990 nr seacroft,he came to my house and had lost his shoes whilst running and was shaken to tears.very strange indeed.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

DynamiteDaz

Re:

Post by DynamiteDaz »

Troll wrote:
Thu 15 Mar, 2007 9:54 pm
Hi,I am quite interested in UFOs and anything thats a bit odd or mysterious including ghosts etc. I have seen a couple of UFOs, Don't know what they were, but were in the sky so they qualify as UFOs to me. I am not saying they come from Mars or anything, just that I could not identify them.The first was in the 1970s at Scarcroft which I will leave for now. The other was last summer (2006) near YTV.My wife, daughter and myself were on our way home from watching Leeds playing at Headingley. The time would be between 9.30 and 10.00 pm on a friday. Very light cloud. Being a summer evening it was still quite light.We were travelling along Willow road towards Kirkstall road, when I noticed a black object in the sky above the Willow road/Kirkstall road traffic lights.My wife was driving so I got a good look at it.The object was circular, solid and had a hole in the middle, and looked like a do-nut or the inner tube of a tyre. It was quite a way up but I wouldn't like to say how far up or how big it was.The object didn't seem to move but just hung in the air.Lots of other people were looking at it too.I didn't see anything on TV or in the YEP, or hear about it on Radio Leeds, during the following week.Wish I knew what it was.
Hi mate. Please could you share your 70s story? I havent seen owt myself, but my Old man (who I have coincidentally got reading this site over the last day) swears blind he and his first wife had a rugby ball shaped thing fly over their heads at an incredible speed. He's quite the skeptic about all these things but says try as he might he cant explain what that was. Something about there being an abundance of rabbits on the fields and in the streets that night which he also found v odd.

Troll

Re: Kirkstall UFO

Post by Troll »

Hello. It, being a long time ago now, is faded somewhat in my memory but I can recall a line of three or four red lights just hanging in the sky. The location was just off the A58 at Scarcroft. I was driving home on a back road from Bramham. The time would be about 5.00/5.30 and being winter it was quite dark. The view I got was across fields and the lights were above the trees. I was some way off from the main road but that was the direction of the lights. The lights did not move up to the time I lost sight of them behind the trees. I came out on to the A58 but there was no sight of them then.
A few days later I travelled along the A58 and past where I think they would have been, but nothing that could have been them. I did think It could have been the lights on a crane or other work structure on or near the golf course. This was not possible as the trees in-between me and the lights would have made the crane or whatever, as tall as a block of high-rise flats!
I think the distance between me and the A58 would have one to two miles.
Never did find out any possible reason for them.
Go the Rhinos.

DynamiteDaz

Re: Kirkstall UFO

Post by DynamiteDaz »

Cheers Troll! Very interesting!

Samuel

Re: Kirkstall UFOs

Post by Samuel »

Right lads I’m gonna be straight up honest with you. This could just be my grandad trying to scare me as a kid but he used to tell em stories of when he was in the army. He was in a military base near Oxford as a RAF engineer. He said that quite a lot of people saw ufo’s in that area. And that they would flip over from a horizontal to vertical and move very quickly through the air. Now I’m guessing your wondering why I’ve just now replied. Well it’s because I was listening to a podcast about ufo’s and I reminded me of these stories and they actually had similar incidents occurring. This podcast had an USA fighter jet pilot(something like that) and he was discussing ufos and he was saying how these sighting occur all the time and that maybe 60 to 80 people saw a ufo just on his ship. these ufos they are very prominent on the east coast of the USA and I’m guessing they have trickled over to us. It is thought that they have found out a way to manipulate gravitational fields so they re basically in a void, unaffected by wind or water. if you can control gravity you can become a hot knife through butter to most of the universe. This explains the very high speeds and quick movements as they would not have air resistance or have to accelerate and decelerate as there would be no forces to overcome.

If you want to listen to the podcast click here: https://youtu.be/Eco2s3-0zsQ