Haunted places in Leeds

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
hunnyvenom

Post by hunnyvenom »

Just off of Fartown in pudsey is a place called fullneck. It's lovley and has a bording school in the center of the "village" thats said to be haunted i don't know the exact story but a young girl fell or was pushed from a window and u can see a hand mark halfway up the wall like it's burnt into the stone.Strange i'll get a pic nest time i walk up there    
Borrow money from pessimists... they don't expect it back

eddie666

Post by eddie666 »

Mary Panel was (supposedly) the last person to be tried and executed for being a witch. She was a maid in Ledston Hall. Something happened to the children and she was blamed for it and branded a witch. There isn't that much info I can find about Mary Panel.Ive drove up and down Mary Panel Hill, not seen anything myself. But Ive heard lots of stories about how a figure is seen crossing the road and just disappear.
Parrot with no beak, will always sucseed!!!!

ladu purple

Post by ladu purple »

[quotenick="phaze"]Hi all,I was just wondering if anybody kew of any hanuted places in Leeds at all?The Edgar Allen Poe story, the black cat was inspiredf by a thing that happened in the Methley's in Chapel Allerton. This guy killed his wife and briocked her up in the cellar, but he accidentally put the cat in there too. When the police came to investigate they heard the cat miowing and found the body. The guy was hung in the old gallows, which were actually on the site of Chapel Allerton Primary School on Harrogate road.

Steve Jones

Post by Steve Jones »

Hi Ladu purpleget hold of a copy of Ken goors 2haunted Leeds" published a couple of years ago and easily obtainable from waterstones or most local bookshops.
Steve JonesI don't know everything, I just like to give that impression!

Leeds Lass 85

Post by Leeds Lass 85 »

Hi, im new to this but was wondering if u had anymore on Horsforth. I am planing to make a series of short films on the subjectI know all about the miners on Hunger Hills ('bluebell wood' as referd to by Thomo) and there screems for food.I also have info on the Monks and the gray lady at the Abbey pub.But if u have anymore knowledge to share with me it would be appriciated.

simon2710

Post by simon2710 »

Phill_d wrote: There's a new book out called 'Haunted Leeds' by Kenneth Goor. It has some good spook tales in it & the odd secret tunnel that do exist in Leeds! Ken Goor does the ghost walks around Leeds, he is excellent in the way he tells stories and I had a great time when he did his Halloween walk, and everyone started singing with "Chris" who frequents the busy Leeds night (and day!) scene.We also went into a few of the old ginnels, that are neatly tucked away. Well worth going on this tour if you can!
Simon -H-

Greg

Post by Greg »

Has anyone heard about the ghost of Crag Hill in Cookridge? (Above Crag House Farm, just to the left of Cookridge Lane before the bend to Bramhope). I have heard it called Cathy's Crag and that there is the ghost of a woman on a horse, possibly having met her death in a riding accident?Has anyone else ever heard this story?

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Si wrote: 'Most Haunted'....fab?????????????????? That's 2 words not often seen in the same sentence.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

Hannibal69

Post by Hannibal69 »

Chrism wrote: Si wrote: 'Most Haunted'....fab?????????????????? That's 2 words not often seen in the same sentence. Hi Chrism,Must say that I agree with your sentiments in the above post entirely, if not perhaps your arithmetic!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. But give him a religion and he'll starve to death, while praying for a fish.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Hannibal69 wrote: Chrism wrote: Si wrote: 'Most Haunted'....fab?????????????????? That's 2 words not often seen in the same sentence. Hi Chrism,Must say that I agree with your sentiments in the above post entirely, if not perhaps your arithmetic! LOL
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.