Armley Moor Station

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
ralphyboy

Post by ralphyboy »

As a newcomer to Secret Leeds i have been looking at the previous threads on Transport Leeds Do's anyone know of the whereabouts of any pictures on this station?I've seen the one that was shown in the threads last year. Brought back many memories of playing in the station yard in the 1950s especially in Blakey's Hematite (think thats what is was called) stock pile and going home with red feet. Brillant site, look forward to my next visit.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Moved to Transport section...Cheers,Admin
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

ralphyboy wrote: As a newcomer to Secret Leeds i have been looking at the previous threads on Transport Leeds Do's anyone know of the whereabouts of any pictures on this station?I've seen the one that was shown in the threads last year. Brought back many memories of playing in the station yard in the 1950s especially in Blakey's Hematite (think thats what is was called) stock pile and going home with red feet. Brillant site, look forward to my next visit. Worked at Bramley stn in the sixties,station master ernest jones was in charge of both stations.There was a porter named Joe who was a communist and even in those days had visited Russia.He was not very customer freindly.There was also a freight shunter I think called Tony who was a 'small person'difficult job for someone of that size,I think he lived in a multi storey flat and had difficulty reaching the right button inthe lift for his floor.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

dogduke wrote: ralphyboy wrote: As a newcomer to Secret Leeds i have been looking at the previous threads on Transport Leeds Do's anyone know of the whereabouts of any pictures on this station?I've seen the one that was shown in the threads last year. Brought back many memories of playing in the station yard in the 1950s especially in Blakey's Hematite (think thats what is was called) stock pile and going home with red feet. Brillant site, look forward to my next visit. Worked at Bramley stn in the sixties,station master ernest jones was in charge of both stations.There was a porter named Joe who was a communist and even in those days had visited Russia.He was not very customer freindly.There was also a freight shunter I think called Tony who was a 'small person'difficult job for someone of that size,I think he lived in a multi storey flat and had difficulty reaching the right button inthe lift for his floor. This was at Armley Moor,on leodis is a photo of staff/passengers on a pfm barrow at BRAMLEY with a fiddle playing porter who was retiring and jean(Cecelia)Parker the lady porter,I was there a little after this.There was a coal yard.a crane for steel traffic and a private siding link to Turner Machinery.Goods lines from Wortley jn to Bramley,and the junction,straight on to Stanningley,Laisterdyke and Bradford Excahange or a left hander via pudsey lowtown nd greenside to laisterdtke.Goods sheds,coal yards and sidings all along the way,not many passengers though!!!Gone with vwry few landarks....dogduke
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.