Upgrading work on the Regent Street flyover.

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
tilly

Re: Upgrading work on the Regent Street flyover.

Post by tilly »

Hi jma It never stops here in Pudsey we have had constant road up evil for at least six years they take down cones and they go up elsewhere.It will be more than one company,a few weeks ago they closed one side of Kent Road off and diverted the traffic to Robin Lane guess what there were road works on Robin Lane you could not make this up, thanks for the post about Armley road works i will not be going anywhere near now.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

jma

Post by jma »

I'm reminded of an excellent cartoon by warringtonrhino showing the UN inspectors finding a store of cones etc but I can't find it now

jma

Post by jma »

I discovered in the Leodis Pot Luck selection that there were plans to turn City Square into a gyratory in the 1930s

https://www.leodis.net/viewimage/67908

That had me looking at Leeds gyratories more generally and I see there was an Armley gyratory plan afoot in 1940

https://www.leodis.net/viewimage/79696

It keeps somebody in work

warringtonrhino

Post by warringtonrhino »

jma wrote:
Sat 29 Jan, 2022 2:43 pm
I'm reminded of an excellent cartoon by warringtonrhino showing the UN inspectors finding a store of cones etc but I can't find it now
Attachments
Weapons of Mass Disruption.jpg
Weapons of Mass Disruption.jpg (642.07 KiB) Viewed 6637 times

jma

Post by jma »

That's the one. I've various memorable cartoons from over the years which have touched on different aspects of my life and that's up there with the most memorable and - perhaps more to the point - it must chime with anybody who has ever driven in England. Think of John Major's cones hotline.

Thanks for posting this again: it always gives me a laugh.