York Corner

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
dogduke

York Corner

Post by dogduke »

Anyone heard of this road?.
I came across it on a recent map and it is not mentioned in A-Z books
in recent years although the road itself has existed for many years.
It must also be the shortest named road in Leeds.

It is the short one way road which connects Marsh Lane to York Street,
the property is occupied by All brass and woodwind,Albert Van hire before
that and many moons ago the scrap yard with the very old car over the
entrance.
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

uncle mick

Re: York Corner

Post by uncle mick »

Have you changed the title of this from York Court to York Corner or am I imagining things ??

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

It is York Corner which I think came to be when they closed York St for months to create a cycle(less)lane.
It's shown as Corner on street view and up to date on line maps,no street sign though
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

dogduke wrote:
Wed 09 Jun, 2021 4:23 pm
It is York Corner which I think came to be when they closed York St for months to create a cycle(less)lane.
It's shown as Corner on street view and up to date on line maps,no street sign though
Thanks dogduke for that interesting information that I would likely have otherwise not known of. I've now seen York Corner labelled on Street View. It is, has you said in your first post, probably the shortest named road in Leeds. I wonder if the name will stick?

On a lighter note I may have called it Marshmallow Drive. :oops:
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

I found York Corner on Google maps albeit the version used on Timeline. On that it is marked as the filter lane/slip road allowing northeast bound traffic on Marsh Lane to cut back westward on York Street. I doubt it even extends much beyond two car lengths.

Looking at old maps it looks like York Street has diverted further south in this vicinity. Probably as a result of "the Kremlin's" footprint but I can't find York Corner on any of the maps on the NLS side by side website let alone it being labelled
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/