Comings and goings at Leeds Bradford airport yesterday

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
vbporscha

Post by vbporscha »

I might have an answer re the helicopter, some bloke has just been at the door trying to sell us photos of our house taken from a helicopter!

Hats Off

Post by Hats Off »

vbporscha wrote: I might have an answer re the helicopter, some bloke has just been at the door trying to sell us photos of our house taken from a helicopter! For a moment then I thought you were gonna say some bloke has just been at the door trying to sell us double glazing !!!!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

vbporscha wrote: I might have an answer re the helicopter, some bloke has just been at the door trying to sell us photos of our house taken from a helicopter! I wonder if that may have been a scam, perhaps using images from Google Earth as they can be quite good to copy if fine detail is not needed. It would otherwise seem to be a costly enterprise using an helicopter to take images for an uncertain market.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

There are professional aerial photogs covering most of the U.K Leo. It must pay pretty well.http://www.aerial-leeds.co.uk/http://ww ... pg.htmlYou can commission your own photos doing too.     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Cheers Phill. I assume therefore it must be worth the companies while to do door-to-door selling.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tiddler

Post by tiddler »

That sounds familiar; a guy came to my house in Churwell around a month ago claiming to have taken photographs of the house from his helicopter. I declined as I suspected it to be a scam. I think he was a little bit miffed when I asked him if he had checked to see if the guttering was clear....

morleyhall

Post by morleyhall »

This thread triggered a memory of seeing another grey unmarked aircraft landing at the airport a few years ago. It’s taken me a while to find my photos out. The photo was taken at the cemetery end of the runway on 22nd May 2007. After landing it parked over near the hangers.

Mork of Ork

Post by Mork of Ork »

That could be a Jet2 plane on it's way in to have the livery added perhaps?

jonleeds

Post by jonleeds »

I saw 'Helimed-99' making a run for home yesterday as the thunder and lightening was bearing down on it from the west. It just managed to touchdown as the storm blew into the airport.
Have your fun when you're alive - you won't get nothing when you die... have a good time all the time! - Chumbawumba!

And no matter how things end, you should always keep in touch with your friends - Dave Gedge

Brunel

Post by Brunel »

There's been an emergency landing at Leeds Bradford International Airport this morning. Flight LS201, which had set off for Amsterdam, was forced to return to Leeds due to a technical issue. The aircraft landed safely and all passengers will fly out on a replacement flight this morning. J