Horsforth, An Island???

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
simonm

Post by simonm »

seems someone is desperate for it to be so!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

BIG N

Post by BIG N »

Surely you can't use streams and small rivers to support an argument for somewhere being an island??If you could then the U.K. must be made up of literally thousands of small islands ?

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Looks like im going to need some help from you Ossfuthers.Just been researching a branch of my tree thats been on the backburner for a couple of years.seems that ive at least 4 lots of families who im directly descended from are from Ossfuth.May need some help with place names/locations etc
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

simonm wrote: seems someone is desperate for it to be so! COULDN'T GIVE A TOSS REALLY!!!
Love a Landrover

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

cnosni wrote: Looks like im going to need some help from you Ossfuthers.Just been researching a branch of my tree thats been on the backburner for a couple of years.seems that ive at least 4 lots of families who im directly descended from are from Ossfuth.May need some help with place names/locations etc go for it mate i'll see if i can help!
Love a Landrover

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

rangieowner wrote: BIG N wrote: Surely you can't use streams and small rivers to support an argument for somewhere being an island??If you could then the U.K. must be made up of literally thousands of small islands ? What do you call an area of land surrounded by water????? A [Edited for Content] ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter how big, small bendy or straight the water course may be!!! KISS IT BIG BOY!! And you are accusing people of being bitchy and Sad on the GNER thread and claim to not careabout provingthe point on this.If I go out of my house there is a point where I know there are drains running North to South on either side of me and drains either side running East to West. By your definition that's an island too.    
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

"oohhhh bitchy!!!! now now girls!!! LMFAO!!!! SAD PEOPLE!!! "Hang on a minute,havent i seen this sentence used on the GNER thread?
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Calm yersens down!! no need to gerr all up in t'air ovver nowt!! so Horsforth may or may not be considered an island by the true definition but of course to be classed as an island it has to be open water so take yer drains outside yer house and forget them! PIPES...... pish!!!! So when i'm in the bath i'm a fekkin island alreet!    
Love a Landrover

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Oi - calm it down people!I don't think any of us have the right to call someone else sad, given the amount of time that we all spend time on here.dsco(now off to investigate the GNER thread...)
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

sorry dsco!!
Love a Landrover