A little railway puzzle

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
FarnleyBloke

Post by FarnleyBloke »

Just to further narrow it down is it E R ?Never seen any of this before but although i'm originally a north leeds lad i'm not too familiar with this area.

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

The last photo is just past the Subaru garage on the way to Otley isn't it.So what's been built in that neck of the wood? Maybe the airport, although that line seems a lot lower than LBA site.

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

Or if it's that old, maybe the monster viaduct on the Harrogate - Leeds line?

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

Stupid duplicate post!

jf

Post by jf »

I could be wrong though with my earlier guess - there is another very large piece of engineering in that area, one which employed several thousand during its construction, beginning with the letter B. There was definitely some railway association with 'E R' though.

FarnleyBloke

Post by FarnleyBloke »

JF i think we may be on the same wavelength today, i've just been scouring Google earth round that whole Eccup / Bramhope / Pool area thanks to the Dyneley Arms clue earlier and then the same thought hit me aswell. Now what huge piece of construction do we know of in the Bramhope area of leeds?

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

I'm struggling a bit now. From what I could see on Google maps, I could see how it might join up with the old line running through Pool (though it would have been a big climb up there), but where to then? All I could make out was at the other side of the road on the Chevin side were some roads called after a quarry, which made sense, but after that, I don't know.I'll keep looking!!!!

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

Ok - how about construction of the Eccup Reservoir? Can't see the route it would have got there from the maps mind, then I've only looked for a couple of minutes!

FarnleyBloke

Post by FarnleyBloke »

Squatch_11 wrote: Ok - how about construction of the Eccup Reservoir? Can't see the route it would have got there from the maps mind, then I've only looked for a couple of minutes! Squatch, the Reservoir was my first thought (and jf's i believe) but there is another major piece of construction around there that would have needed massive quantities of stone to build. Clue for you - you won't see it on the satellite photo

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

Am I meant to be looking underground?I might have to continue this search from home - the guys at work are wondering what I'm doing on google maps all the time!!