WHERE EXACTLY WAS PENDA'S WAY STATION ??

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
tilly

Post by tilly »

A great photograph Phill that Nikon D40 serves you well.I have bought one after seeing your results.    
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

tilly wrote: A great photograph Phill that Nikon D40 serves you well.I have bought one after seeing your results.     Struggled to justify buying a new camera Tilly. A friend said he kmew someone with a useful philosophy on such matters, 'Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves'. So a new camera it was.Hoping Santa got my letter and brings me a new boiler......         

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Leodian wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: I've just seen a sort of 3D simulation of the railway between Crossgates and Wetherby, I have to say I'm suitably impressed.The aerial view of Pendas station as it was can be seen herehttp://tinyurl.com/bnd4f33The rest of this line is in this set herehttp://tinyurl.com/bs7o3t2 I'm also very impressed. They cannot have been easy to produce. Well worth looking through all of the set.PS I like the 'Scarcroft lane bridge 181211. Phill.D has taken a view of this bridge!'. That bridge and its deep cutting is well worth a visit. It is a bit wet in parts at the Bardsey side of the old rail track and progress on the Thorner side of the bridge is however blocked, or it was when I was last there a year or two back).     My photo of the bridge is herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/5422393960/It's certainly a lot more overgrown down there these days than on the 3D simulation. I thought (hope ) this photo may be of interest as it shows the blocked old rail track very near the Thorner side of the bridge. I don't know if it was deliberately blocked at some stage or just a natural landslip. The photo was taken on June 5 2009.    
Attachments
__TFMF_kgq35p45papaixm1tmizo045_b4326459-13d8-433f-bb33-53591bb3e96f_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_kgq35p45papaixm1tmizo045_b4326459-13d8-433f-bb33-53591bb3e96f_0_main.jpg (388.2 KiB) Viewed 14227 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

I think that's a landslip from what I've seen Leodian.
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Phill_dvsn wrote: I think that's a landslip from what I've seen Leodian. Cheers Phill.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tilly

Post by tilly »

chameleon wrote: tilly wrote: A great photograph Phill that Nikon D40 serves you well.I have bought one after seeing your results.     Struggled to justify buying a new camera Tilly. A friend said he kmew someone with a useful philosophy on such matters, 'Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves'. So a new camera it was.Hoping Santa got my letter and brings me a new boiler......          Hi chameleon i hope santa got your letter.I have allways liked to take photographs so bought it on the internet its a few years old but a great camera.After seeing Phills photographs i thought if i get half the results that Phill gets that will do for me.Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

It's served me well Tilly, I've had it since early 2007, the lens is now taped on to make sure it grabs focus, but that's not surprising as it's been in some pretty hospitable places, and it's been dropped on the floor more times than I dare to remember. I've just looked how many photos it's taken on the exif data, the shutters been clicked a whopping 59987 times... wow     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

tilly wrote: chameleon wrote: tilly wrote: A great photograph Phill that Nikon D40 serves you well.I have bought one after seeing your results.     Struggled to justify buying a new camera Tilly. A friend said he kmew someone with a useful philosophy on such matters, 'Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves'. So a new camera it was.Hoping Santa got my letter and brings me a new boiler......          Hi chameleon i hope santa got your letter.I have allways liked to take photographs so bought it on the internet its a few years old but a great camera.After seeing Phills photographs i thought if i get half the results that Phill gets that will do for me.Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks Tilly. A Nikon has been a dream for many years, certainly since I out grew the pleasure of having had the use of a Rollie TLR, but it has always seemed a lot of pennies with plenty of other places and children requiring a share. Got a good deal though on the D5100    

tilly

Post by tilly »

Phill_dvsn wrote: It's served me well Tilly, I've had it since early 2007, the lens is now taped on to make sure it grabs focus, but that's not surprising as it's been in some pretty hospitable places, and it's been dropped on the floor more times than I dare to remember. I've just looked how many photos it's taken on the exif data, the shutters been clicked a whopping 59987 times... wow      Hi Phill All that work and still going strong mine came with a 18/55mm kit lens.I have since bought a 55/200mm lens, keep up the good work Phill i look forward to the new photographs you post.A Merry Christmas to you and your family.    

tilly

Post by tilly »

chameleon wrote: tilly wrote: chameleon wrote: tilly wrote: A great photograph Phill that Nikon D40 serves you well.I have bought one after seeing your results.     Struggled to justify buying a new camera Tilly. A friend said he kmew someone with a useful philosophy on such matters, 'Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves'. So a new camera it was.Hoping Santa got my letter and brings me a new boiler......          Hi chameleon i hope santa got your letter.I have allways liked to take photographs so bought it on the internet its a few years old but a great camera.After seeing Phills photographs i thought if i get half the results that Phill gets that will do for me.Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks Tilly. A Nikon has been a dream for many years, certainly since I out grew the pleasure of having had the use of a Rollie TLR, but it has always seemed a lot of pennies with plenty of other places and children requiring a share. Got a good deal though on the D5100     Hi chameleon I have wanted a digital slr for some time now when my darling wife said buy one i jumped at the chance i am sorry if i have gone of thread but its Christmas so i hope to be forgiven.