Middleton Bus Garage

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
whatdoesthisbuttondo

Post by whatdoesthisbuttondo »

I noticed on your list Eric Conlon...He's lived next door but one to my Mam and Dad on the Westwoods estate for over 30 years. He struggles a bit with a new hip but still has a great train set in the loft!....

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Howdo, just had a skeg through that list and saw Sammy Boyes. If it's the same one he's my step-dad. He lives out in Thorpe Willoughby (nr Selby) now.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

BillyBritvic

Post by BillyBritvic »

Hi Chrism, it must be the same Sammy Boyes if he's an ex bus driver, he wont remember me though as my time there was a later period, possibly just overlapping Sammy's time.
The longer we live the older we get

BillyBritvic

Post by BillyBritvic »

Nice to hear that Eric is well and getting about. I remember him being a lovely guy with a great sense of humour. I guarded him a couple of times, happy memories. Thanks for the message.

amber

Post by amber »

It is the the same Sammy. He was also union rep at Midd and schedules rota rep. He then went into the schedules dept at Swinegate and became head of schedules and was responsible for the entire Leeds network, which he was very good at.    

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

amber wrote: It is the the same Sammy. He was also union rep at Midd and schedules rota rep. He then went into the schedules dept at Swinegate and became head of schedules and was responsible for the entire Leeds network, which he was very good at.     That's it, I remember that was his job now. So it is the same one.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

BillyBritvic

Re: Middleton Bus Garage

Post by BillyBritvic »

Hello everyone, this is for ex Miggy bus men or peeps with interests on buses, Blakey n BuffaloSkinner more than included, I have just posted a short video of Miggy garage from last day of official use as a bus garage in 1986.Shows car park, canteen and inside/outside of bus storage area, no fil of booking on room moes the pity. Please take a look on youtube, paste https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU0WrEg1GCA into web addy or search for Miggy Garage in youube search. Brings back a few memories.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

That's brought back a few memories Billy. Who was that sat opposite you, for the life of me I cannot remember his name?

Who was turning the number blinds the wrong way then? :lol:
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

BillyBritvic

Post by BillyBritvic »

buffaloskinner wrote:That's brought back a few memories Billy. Who was that sat opposite you, for the life of me I cannot remember his name?

Who was turning the number blinds the wrong way then? :lol:
Hi Buffaloskinner, sent you a private message - think it was a parking driver doing the desty.

buffaloskinner

Post by buffaloskinner »

Thanks Billy, now I remember him

8-)
Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?