Company plaques outside Leeds Station

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
slw

Post by slw »

Just outside Leeds railway station there are some plaques showing companies which were established in Leeds.I can remember there was one for Wallace Arnold, ASDA and I am assuming there will be one for M & S. I don't venture that way in/out of Leeds any more and wondered if how many of these plaques there are and what companies are shown. Thank you

dervish99

Post by dervish99 »

slw wrote: Just outside Leeds railway station there are some plaques showing companies which were established in Leeds.I can remember there was one for Wallace Arnold, ASDA and I am assuming there will be one for M & S. I don't venture that way in/out of Leeds any more and wondered if how many of these plaques there are and what companies are shown. Thank you British Gas have one
Near a tree by a river, there's a hole in the ground.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

YW and Town Centre Securities(?) I've got pics of them in my stack for Old Signs of Leodis thread when i get round to it.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

The palques are restricted to just being on the railings on the extreme end of the long stay car park.Elida Gibbs have one,showing "Soapy Joes",which was on the other side of the river near the station
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

Squatch_11

Post by Squatch_11 »

There's still a YE one, and they've been npower for going on 10 years now!

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

An a BR Inter City "Swallow ?)
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

slw

Post by slw »

Thank you all

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

dogduke wrote: An a BR Inter City "Swallow ?) Yes,which is fairly unique as the "Inter City Swallow" had to be removed as Swallow hotels claimed copyright on the style of the image,and it had to be removed from Inter City trains.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds contactinfo@secretleeds.com

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: The palques are restricted to just being on the railings on the extreme end of the long stay car park.Elida Gibbs have one,showing "Soapy Joes",which was on the other side of the river near the station ...can't find the pics I took ssome time ago

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

chameleon wrote: cnosni wrote: The palques are restricted to just being on the railings on the extreme end of the long stay car park.Elida Gibbs have one,showing "Soapy Joes",which was on the other side of the river near the station ...can't find the pics I took ssome time ago I took this photo today of the Elida Gibbs 'Soapy Joe's' plaque at the far end of the station car park next to the River Aire.     
Attachments
__TFMF_4w23ga55uvj1dv32wjsin4iw_202e909c-4d39-4d1c-a85a-2de86acd1860_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_4w23ga55uvj1dv32wjsin4iw_202e909c-4d39-4d1c-a85a-2de86acd1860_0_main.jpg (133.75 KiB) Viewed 3671 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.