Goodbye National Excuse

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

railnut wrote: Does this mean that the proposed ticket barriers at York, similar to the ones at Leeds, which are causing such an uproar, will now be dropped?These are proposed by NXEC, whereas the ones at Leeds were on the behest of Northern it has to be said. Well its certainly Northern at Leeds,and as far as i know the York ones are still going to come in,irrespective of operator.However there are a lot of objections to the barriers on the main concourse.York is a bit of a problem really
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

The chief exec of "East Coast" in an interview on the platform at York shown on tonights look north has said the ticket barriers at York won't be introduced on her watch. In an interview shown yesterday though she did say that her job is for a maximum of 2 years.I also had to chuckle at the 5.15 BBC national news which ran an article "headlined" only the livery has changed. Given a sizeable minority of NE trains I have see in and between Leeds and Wakefield Westgate stations have still been predominantly in the blue and red livery of GNER with NE stripes/tape strategically placed I can't think much of the livery will be changed to "East Coast" given the chief execs assertion it won't be around in 2 years time.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

tyke bhoy wrote: The chief exec of "East Coast" in an interview on the platform at York shown on tonights look north has said the ticket barriers at York won't be introduced on her watch. In an interview shown yesterday though she did say that her job is for a maximum of 2 years.I also had to chuckle at the 5.15 BBC national news which ran an article "headlined" only the livery has changed. Given a sizeable minority of NE trains I have see in and between Leeds and Wakefield Westgate stations have still been predominantly in the blue and red livery of GNER with NE stripes/tape strategically placed I can't think much of the livery will be changed to "East Coast" given the chief execs assertion it won't be around in 2 years time. All HST fleet in National Excuse colours,at £40k a chuck,the last one came out of Donny works week before last,NX boss insisted on doing so,despite queries to the contrary.Picture in latest industry news paper of one of the ex gaffers stood in front of it,what a waste of money.No MKIV stock in their colours,only 1 91 loco was done in their colours (91101 i think!),there excuse was that the bodywork of teh MKIV stock was badly corroded,right!!The HSBC,who own the rolling stock,had the stock evaluated for outstanding repairs over the last few months,National Excuse were warned that they had to return the stock in the maintaine condition they recieved it inLow and behold panic set in and they asked all the fitters at the various depots to work overtime to clear the outstanding stuff.Considering their numbers had been butchered in cutbacks and there had been an overtime ban by the management the fitters felt they couldnt oblige their outgoing employers,and so a bill rumoured at £4m has landed on their desk.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

cnosni wrote: tyke bhoy wrote: The chief exec of "East Coast" in an interview on the platform at York shown on tonights look north has said the ticket barriers at York won't be introduced on her watch. In an interview shown yesterday though she did say that her job is for a maximum of 2 years.I also had to chuckle at the 5.15 BBC national news which ran an article "headlined" only the livery has changed. Given a sizeable minority of NE trains I have see in and between Leeds and Wakefield Westgate stations have still been predominantly in the blue and red livery of GNER with NE stripes/tape strategically placed I can't think much of the livery will be changed to "East Coast" given the chief execs assertion it won't be around in 2 years time. All HST fleet in National Excuse colours,at £40k a chuck,the last one came out of Donny works week before last,NX boss insisted on doing so,despite queries to the contrary.Picture in latest industry news paper of one of the ex gaffers stood in front of it,what a waste of money.No MKIV stock in their colours,only 1 91 loco was done in their colours (91101 i think!),there excuse was that the bodywork of teh MKIV stock was badly corroded,right!!The HSBC,who own the rolling stock,had the stock evaluated for outstanding repairs over the last few months,National Excuse were warned that they had to return the stock in the maintaine condition they recieved it inLow and behold panic set in and they asked all the fitters at the various depots to work overtime to clear the outstanding stuff.Considering their numbers had been butchered in cutbacks and there had been an overtime ban by the management the fitters felt they couldnt oblige their outgoing employers,and so a bill rumoured at £4m has landed on their desk. They should never have scrapped the DELTICS in my opinion
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Si

Post by Si »

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

I'll be travelling To King's Cross on Wednesday with Downing Street Rail - I hope its one of the small handful of 125 sets that appear most of the time. As a regular traveller I think the 125s are superb and much prefer them to the new class 91 electrics. I wish even more fervently that it would be a Deltic, or Sir Nigel Gresley and some teak LNER coaches or......................................... still, look on the bright side - it only takes two and a quarter hours. Also, I can't understand these folks who moan and wail about the outrageous fares. Admittedly the same day "pay at the desk" fares are way over the top. Due to circummstances I was only able to book on line 5 days in advance this time, but still paid only £24.65 each way - AND luckily got the quiet coach on both trains. A certain Radio Leeds presenter who drives me up the wall further than the rest of his colleagues was prattling on in Friday's programme about "I've just tried to get a ticket for my other half to go to London in three weeks time and the cheapest I can find is £88.**" Some folks just love to exaggerate and complain !!    
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Hannibal69

Post by Hannibal69 »

Hi Phil,I only knew about your stopping smoking because it mentioned it on your My Space page, there was a little box on it saying that you haven't smoked for X number of days and have saved myself X amount of $ etc. There was a link from your urban exp. photo's, which were originally how I found out about secret Leeds in the first place and one of the reasons I kept coming back.My Avatar is the famous free-lance journalist Mariane Pearl, who'sHusband, the Wall Street Journal reporter, Daniel Pearl was kidnapped, tortured and murdered by Al-Qiada terrorists in Pakistan in 2002. In 2007 she filed a lawsuit against prominent Al-qaida members, including Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and the Habib Bank. She is something of a hero of mine.Her Memoirs, "A Mighty Heart" are well worth reading. There is also a film adaptation, starring Angelina Jolie, which is available on DVD.As for the rest of your post... well if it was your intention to scare the hell out of me then you have most definately succeeded. I am literally shaking as I'm typing this. Thank you so much for that. Han.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. But give him a religion and he'll starve to death, while praying for a fish.

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Phill - Stick with the Deltics - 3300 horsepower should be enoughfor anybody to get involved in.Did we lose the thread somewhere ??????????????
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

BLAKEY wrote: I'll be travelling To King's Cross on Wednesday with Downing Street Rail - I hope its one of the small handful of 125 sets that appear most of the time. As a regular traveller I think the 125s are superb and much prefer them to the new class 91 electrics. I wish even more fervently that it would be a Deltic, or Sir Nigel Gresley and some teak LNER coaches or......................................... still, look on the bright side - it only takes two and a quarter hours. Also, I can't understand these folks who moan and wail about the outrageous fares. Admittedly the same day "pay at the desk" fares are way over the top. Due to circummstances I was only able to book on line 5 days in advance this time, but still paid only £24.65 each way - AND luckily got the quiet coach on both trains. A certain Radio Leeds presenter who drives me up the wall further than the rest of his colleagues was prattling on in Friday's programme about "I've just tried to get a ticket for my other half to go to London in three weeks time and the cheapest I can find is £88.**" Some folks just love to exaggerate and complain !!     what time you travelling (im not stalking you,honest)    

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

[quotenick="cnosni"] BLAKEY wrote: I'll be travelling To King's Cross on Wednesday with Downing Street Rail - I hope its one of the small handful of 125 sets that appear most of the time. what time you travelling (im noy stalking you,honest) 1005 from Leeds - are you by any chance ?? - mind you, part of the on line booking process includes a compulsory reserved seat.
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.