Goodbye National Excuse

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

[quotenick="BLAKEY"] cnosni wrote: BLAKEY wrote: I'll be travelling To King's Cross on Wednesday with Downing Street Rail - I hope its one of the small handful of 125 sets that appear most of the time. what time you travelling (im noy stalking you,honest) 1005 from Leeds - are you by any chance ?? - mind you, part of the on line booking process includes a compulsory reserved seat. No im on lates mate,10:05 is booked MKIV/91,but anything can happen (set swap).It will probably be a cockney driver as well.theyre rough and slow.they like to think theyre fast,but their bottle goes when braking!! what you back on?
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

cnosni wrote: [It will probably be a cockney driver as well.theyre rough and slow.they like to think theyre fast,but their bottle goes when braking!! what you back on? Tuesday 24th at 1933 from King's Cross - be a good chap and see if you can fix up for Mallard, Alycidon (my favourite Deltic) or Tornado to do the honours - a few minutes extra running time and a drenching through the open windows from the water scoop pits at Essendine won't matter for the thrill - presumably it won't be a cockney driver that time of evening ?? PS - going to Belgium for the week to my friends, and the excellent Eurostar bargain tickets include free return travel from Brussels to any station in Belgium - can't beat it
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

BLAKEY wrote: PS - going to Belgium for the week to my friends, and the excellent Eurostar bargain tickets include free return travel from Brussels to any station in Belgium - can't beat it Don't be tempted by "warme whallocks" - it's whelks in like a spicey gravy and it's just as disgusting as it sounds!Slagroom on the other hand is whipped cream
Industria Omnia Vincit

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

BLAKEY wrote: cnosni wrote: [It will probably be a cockney driver as well.theyre rough and slow.they like to think theyre fast,but their bottle goes when braking!! what you back on? Tuesday 24th at 1933 from King's Cross - be a good chap and see if you can fix up for Mallard, Alycidon (my favourite Deltic) or Tornado to do the honours - a few minutes extra running time and a drenching through the open windows from the water scoop pits at Essendine won't matter for the thrill - presumably it won't be a cockney driver that time of evening ?? PS - going to Belgium for the week to my friends, and the excellent Eurostar bargain tickets include free return travel from Brussels to any station in Belgium - can't beat it 1933 is a Leeds man.Im not bookd on that,but i am spare,so if its not covered i might get it
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Trojan wrote: [ Don't be tempted by "warme whallocks" - it's whelks in like a spicey gravy and it's just as disgusting as it sounds!Slagroom on the other hand is whipped creamThanks for those "Cordon YUK" recommendations Trojan - rest assured that I avoid anything of that sort like the plague its almost certain to contain !! I have nightmares thinking about those huge silver tureens from which brave diners partake of their MOULES - double YUK     Still, good job everyone's not the same or there'd be no sausage and chips left for me
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

They should just give it to Branson for nowt. Let him run it and take a cut of the profits.The high prices are just additional back door taxes on business. If I want to get to London afor a meeting of anykind I need to get a £200 train, the company pays.
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

railnut

Post by railnut »

cnosni wrote: railnut wrote: Does this mean that the proposed ticket barriers at York, similar to the ones at Leeds, which are causing such an uproar, will now be dropped?These are proposed by NXEC, whereas the ones at Leeds were on the behest of Northern it has to be said. Well its certainly Northern at Leeds,and as far as i know the York ones are still going to come in,irrespective of operator.However there are a lot of objections to the barriers on the main concourse.York is a bit of a problem really Announced over the week end that the barriers are not going to be pursued

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

Reginal Perrin wrote: They should just give it to Branson for nowt. Let him run it and take a cut of the profits. With the greatest of respect sir, I dread to think of such a thing. When Virgin ran the Aberdeen to Penzance services through Leeds the performance was abominable. Late running and cancellations were legion, and just out of interest eventually I used to always scan the screens in Leeds for the ten past the hour southbound departures -"47 minutes late", "cancelled" and so forth were almost routine.    Also the trains were (still are under the present franchise) totally inadequate. Due to too few carriages, criminal overcrowding to rival the London tube was routine, and the coaches themselves are claustrophobic and have totally inadequate luggage space for such very long jouirneys - often, if just nipping to Wakefield, I've found the gangways full of heavy luggage and loads of long distance people standing.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Si

Post by Si »

cnosni wrote: Oh the irony!!http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8354358.stm Errr...."occasionally????"Fantastic! Should be the in the dictionary as the definition of irony! I don't know whether to laugh or cry...