Where in Leeds 2

Railways, trams, buses, etc.
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

wish someone would, I really don't know this one.

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Leodian wrote: I have finally got the cryptic "master of all it surveyed" bit (that's not cryptic by me, just a statement) and now realise what I thought it would be was right! I was very slow to get it (again, not cryptic). Nice one The Parksider. Need some more cryptic clues here Leo.You and the Parksider can't keep the answer locked away for much longer.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

The Parksider wrote: Johnny39 wrote: The Parksider wrote: Johnny39 wrote: Can I ask if there would be an admission price to see my favourites or am I completely in the dark? No admission price to enter it. Not what I thought then Parky, so I'm, "completely in the dark". Well wether your travelling east to west or west to east you have to pass your masters at Number 1, smack in the centre of Leeds. Does that take account of the Loop?

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Having not lived in Leeds since 1979 and visiting only very infrequently, would I be correct in thinking it is a new building with the address of No.1 and is somewhere on Whitehall Road or am I totally reading the wrong signs?
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I wonder if a special handshake is needed to get in?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Johnny39 wrote: Having not lived in Leeds since 1979 and visiting only very infrequently, would I be correct in thinking it is a new building with the address of No.1 and is somewhere on Whitehall Road or am I totally reading the wrong signs? Hi Johnny39. If I am right as to what it is (and I think I am) then sorry but that is not the right building. That is the new Yorkshire Evening Post building (probably also the Yorkshire Post but I don't know) that may have the longest postal address in Leeds! When I send in the weekend prize crossword I almost use all the ink in a pen as the address for the crossword is "YEP Weekend. Prize Crossword. Yorkshire Evening Post. No. 1 Leeds. 26 Whitehall Road. Leeds LS12 1BE.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Johnny39

Post by Johnny39 »

Leodian wrote: Johnny39 wrote: Having not lived in Leeds since 1979 and visiting only very infrequently, would I be correct in thinking it is a new building with the address of No.1 and is somewhere on Whitehall Road or am I totally reading the wrong signs? Hi Johnny39. If I am right as to what it is (and I think I am) then sorry but that is not the right building. That is the new Yorkshire Evening Post building (probably also the Yorkshire Post but I don't know) that may have the longest postal address in Leeds! When I send in the weekend prize crossword I almost use all the ink in a pen as the address for the crossword is "YEP Weekend. Prize Crossword. Yorkshire Evening Post. No. 1 Leeds. 26 Whitehall Road. Leeds LS12 1BE. Thanks Leo.Just a wild shot in the dark on my part but thanks for the info.. As someone who worked at the old and new YEP/YP it was interesting to learn that this is the newest of the new buildings. When you have lived away from a place like Leeds and then go back for a visit it's unbelievable how much it has changed, especially when buildings you can remember being built are now in the process of being replaced. However I digress, once again thanks.
Daft I call it - What's for tea Ma?

jim

Post by jim »

Does the position resemble the start of a chess game?

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Come on guys were on tenterhooks here
They say i have no talent and that I'm difficult to work with.And they say it as if its a bad thing

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

salt 'n pepper wrote: Leodian wrote: I have finally got the cryptic "master of all it surveyed" bit (that's not cryptic by me, just a statement) and now realise what I thought it would be was right! I was very slow to get it (again, not cryptic). Nice one The Parksider. Need some more cryptic clues here Leo.You and the Parksider can't keep the answer locked away for much longer. No out and out guesses yet then. And not much action on the cryptic front either. Some of the cryptic contributions make sense to me - eg my reference to LOCK above, and Parksider's allusion to east/west etc - and some don't. That must be because my assumption below can be one of two things. Right or wrong.Anyway, I'm going to start the ball rolling Hyperion and have an attempt with Lock Number One and the former canal warehouse Granary Buildings, at the junction of the Aire & Calder Navigation and the Leeds & Liverpool Canal.