The old steam locomotive in Pudsey Park

Houses, churches, monuments, graves, etc.
Earl of Leeds

Post by Earl of Leeds »

Hi all,Please help me resolve an ongoing family debate....When i was young there used to be a giant Steam engine of some kind at the back of Pudsey Park. My brother has since told me that i'm imagining things, but i'm certain it was there.Does anyone else remember it or am i just losing my memory??If it was there does anyone know what happened to it, or why it was put there?many thanks guys
Ever in the search of answers

Leeds-lad

Post by Leeds-lad »

"always expect the unexpected"

Earl of Leeds

Post by Earl of Leeds »

Aaaaaah Haaaa! I knew i was right!Thanks a lot Leeds-lad. Wonder if it'll ever get restored. It'd be nice to see that old engine back in its glory. I remembered it as been huge! It looks a lot smaller now, then again i was 5 yrs old when i last saw it so it probably looked bigger then. ha ha

Earl of Leeds

Post by Earl of Leeds »

Does anyone know where the Engine is now?

weenie

Post by weenie »

If you are on Facebook, there is a page all about the Steamroller.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Did-you-p ... 153?ref=ts

Si

Post by Si »

Earl of Leeds wrote: Hi all,Please help me resolve an ongoing family debate....When i was young there used to be a giant Steam engine of some kind at the back of Pudsey Park. My brother has since told me that i'm imagining things, but i'm certain it was there.Does anyone else remember it or am i just losing my memory??If it was there does anyone know what happened to it, or why it was put there?many thanks guys Hi Earl.I started a thread on this subject some time ago. There is some information about the steamroller on there. Try the search facility. Type in "steamroller" and click on "Pudsey Park."