WOODHOUSE SQUARE LEEDS

Houses, churches, monuments, graves, etc.
lilypearl

Post by lilypearl »

Hopfully magDZ got my email with info about 2, Woodhouse Square, I did use the address you left on the site. Greetings.LilyPearl

lilypearl

Post by lilypearl »

Does anyone have information about the year Swarthmore started ownership of their properties in Woodhouse Square? Who owns it now?And during the years between 1938 - 1960 when there is some electoral (yearly electoral records were interrupted during and after the war years) information indicating at least one part of the buildings was used as multiple residential occupancies. Numbers of adults recorded there as eligible to vote shows a level of over crowding. Knowing the building now it's hard to see how these were housed comfortably or in sanitary conditions considering in all likelihood these recorded adults had children too.

Swarthmore

Post by Swarthmore »

HiSwarthmore purchased house 4 in 1919, house 3 in 1953, house 5 in 1961, house 2 in 1974. We currently rent houses 6 and 7 from Leeds City Council on a peppercorn rent basis.If you would like more information please contact us. However, some of our records are quite sparce. We are always happy to hear from people who have a connect with our beautiful building.ThanksSwarthmore

tilly

Post by tilly »

Swarthmore wrote: HiSwarthmore purchased house 4 in 1919, house 3 in 1953, house 5 in 1961, house 2 in 1974. We currently rent houses 6 and 7 from Leeds City Council on a peppercorn rent basis.If you would like more information please contact us. However, some of our records are quite sparce. We are always happy to hear from people who have a connect with our beautiful building.ThanksSwarthmore Hi Swarthmore Welcome to our site its very kind of you to offer your help.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.