Back to Backs

Houses, churches, monuments, graves, etc.
Si

Post by Si »

simonm wrote: sundowner wrote: simonm wrote: Apart from the kitchen can you imagine their surprise at NOT having to stumble down the street in the middle of the night to take a forrest!!     Hi simonm We did not do that at night we had guz unders Si is right it was a shock when we moved. We went from Hunslet to Saxton Gardens kept trying to blow the lights out. He He.     I never realised you used the guzunder for big jobs. I always assumed it was for number 1's. There is no way my wife would put up with that from me I'd be living in the celler if it were nowadays... hehehehe What, with Admin, Fevlad and all them starlings?!!!

simonm

Post by simonm »

Jeez, imagine the stench!!    
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

simonm wrote: sundowner wrote: simonm wrote: Apart from the kitchen can you imagine their surprise at NOT having to stumble down the street in the middle of the night to take a forrest!!     Hi simonm We did not do that at night we had guz unders Si is right it was a shock when we moved. We went from Hunslet to Saxton Gardens kept trying to blow the lights out. He He.     I never realised you used the guzunder for big jobs. I always assumed it was for number 1's. There is no way my wife would put up with that from me I'd be living in the celler if it were nowadays... hehehehe Hi simonm When you said forrest i thought you ment kiss not a George the Third.He He    

simonm

Post by simonm »

sundowner wrote: simonm wrote: sundowner wrote: simonm wrote: Apart from the kitchen can you imagine their surprise at NOT having to stumble down the street in the middle of the night to take a forrest!!     Hi simonm We did not do that at night we had guz unders Si is right it was a shock when we moved. We went from Hunslet to Saxton Gardens kept trying to blow the lights out. He He.     I never realised you used the guzunder for big jobs. I always assumed it was for number 1's. There is no way my wife would put up with that from me I'd be living in the celler if it were nowadays... hehehehe Hi simonm When you said forrest i thought you ment kiss not a George the Third.He He     Forrest Gump = Dump.
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

simonm wrote: sundowner wrote: simonm wrote: sundowner wrote: simonm wrote: Apart from the kitchen can you imagine their surprise at NOT having to stumble down the street in the middle of the night to take a forrest!!     Hi simonm We did not do that at night we had guz unders Si is right it was a shock when we moved. We went from Hunslet to Saxton Gardens kept trying to blow the lights out. He He.     I never realised you used the guzunder for big jobs. I always assumed it was for number 1's. There is no way my wife would put up with that from me I'd be living in the celler if it were nowadays... hehehehe Hi simonm When you said forrest i thought you ment kiss not a George the Third.He He     Forrest Gump = Dump. Hi Thats too modern for me you young uns have to allow for us old uns.Time for my shock treatment. He He.

Misc

Post by Misc »

sundowner wrote: Misc wrote: Lol! We've got a lot to be grateful for these days when you think about it. I'm really glad I live in a time of washing machines and duvets not to mention electric kettles and tea not being on ration I don't know how people stood that, I really don't. Hi Misc It was not as bad as it may seem thats how every one lived so it was the norm.If you look at how we live now then it does give you that impression All i can say is if i had my life again i would not change my early years it taught you to be greatfull for what you had got and not to yern for things you had not. I have had this philosophy all through my life and it has served me well. I am actually one of those irritating people who is nostalgic for days before I was even born, I blame my mum who has very happy memories of her very poor 50s childhood - lived in a mill cottage and shared a toilet with 7 other families! Was just trying to count me blessings

Misc

Post by Misc »

Samson wrote: Does anyone know if they still hang the washing out across the streets like they used to do in the 50's? Indeed they do in Beeston! My neighbour even brought mine in for me when it was raining and I was out at work

sundowner

Post by sundowner »

Misc wrote: sundowner wrote: Misc wrote: Lol! We've got a lot to be grateful for these days when you think about it. I'm really glad I live in a time of washing machines and duvets not to mention electric kettles and tea not being on ration I don't know how people stood that, I really don't. Hi Misc It was not as bad as it may seem thats how every one lived so it was the norm.If you look at how we live now then it does give you that impression All i can say is if i had my life again i would not change my early years it taught you to be greatfull for what you had got and not to yern for things you had not. I have had this philosophy all through my life and it has served me well. I am actually one of those irritating people who is nostalgic for days before I was even born, I blame my mum who has very happy memories of her very poor 50s childhood - lived in a mill cottage and shared a toilet with 7 other families! Was just trying to count me blessings There is nowt wrong wi that its just that thas got more to count than me.HeHe.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

"blind-back backs" if you know what I mean. (starter for 10 - location please!)
Attachments
__TFMF_qxvv2s55fxcc3q45lzxpdqih_91baf34a-e269-4930-909f-8f378effd61f_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_qxvv2s55fxcc3q45lzxpdqih_91baf34a-e269-4930-909f-8f378effd61f_0_main.jpg (209.81 KiB) Viewed 2547 times
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Mmmmm. A toughie this. We're looking due north because the satellite dishes are facing us and they always face due south. Holbeck somewhere?
http://www.siddles.me.ukYou can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.Stan Laurel.