Rescue training exercise (?) in River Aire at the Dark Arches.

Places to explore
jim

Post by jim »

The scaffolding on the raft looks like the "Zip-Up" gear we used to use on BR. I still have my certificate of incompetence for using it in a drawer somewhere.

book

Post by book »

3/4 inch long is big for fry, stickleback. Maybe small trout. Up stream there are plenty of trout and from 2001 there have been reports of salmon back in the aire. It would be good to see brown trout back in the city. I remember seeing small brown trout in Meanwood park and in the stream that runs through the bottom of the Hollies.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

tilly

Post by tilly »

jim wrote: The scaffolding on the raft looks like the "Zip-Up" gear we used to use on BR. I still have my certificate of incompetence for using it in a drawer somewhere. Hi Jim it must be a big drawer if you could put scaffolding up in it He. He
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

jim

Post by jim »

How do I stick my tongue out on this site Tilly? EDIT:- .......and leave my drawers alone Tilly (or SL as the case may be.......) EDIT EDIT:-......and SL does not stand for Secret Leeds in this instance.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

jim wrote: How do I stick my tongue out on this site Tilly? EDIT:- .......and leave my drawers alone Tilly (or SL as the case may be.......) EDIT EDIT:-......and SL does not stand for Secret Leeds in this instance. From the SL Help section typing : followed by a P (no space) should bring up a smiley with its tongue out, though it may not be the smiley you wanted Jim!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

leeboyo

Post by leeboyo »

The fish in the picture I imagine are small roach/perch or of similar ilk - there are loads in the Aire.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

In a post of mine on April 3 2012 I mentioned that I had seen many fish around 3-4 inches in the River Aire at the Dark Arches. During a quick visit to the Dark Arches area earlier today (May 26) I noticed there must have been 100 or more fish at the same spot, all being at least 6 inches long and some clearly longer. I wonder if they will be the same fish I saw in April that have now grown? It was a nice sight.    
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Surprised we've not met Leo (or praps we have).If the river is good enough for Dippers, it is clean and healthy.I've seen these, particularly back upsteam at Kirkstall.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

jim wrote: How do I stick my tongue out on this site Tilly? EDIT:- .......and leave my drawers alone Tilly (or SL as the case may be.......) EDIT EDIT:-......and SL does not stand for Secret Leeds in this instance. The software has its own limited set of smileys Jim, check here -http://www.secretleeds.co.uk/forum/Mess ... eadID=2165