Adel Woods Strange Bunker Thing

Places to explore
chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

[quotenick="Leodian"]Here is a reduced sized photo, which I hope works! Edit added moments after posting: It worked! You may though need to click on a red x to see the photo. Getting the "Server Error in '/forum' Application. A generic error occurred in GDI+" and other error messages never helps with giving confidence that a photo has been successfully loaded. [/quoteThe red cross and server error response has been an 'added feature' since the technical issues back at Christmas Leodian, there is a note about it in the tech support thread amongst others but, you seem to have applied the tried and tested method of try it and see - and found the way through!!    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

[quotenick="chameleon"] Leodian wrote: Here is a reduced sized photo, which I hope works! Edit added moments after posting: It worked! You may though need to click on a red x to see the photo. Getting the "Server Error in '/forum' Application. A generic error occurred in GDI+" and other error messages never helps with giving confidence that a photo has been successfully loaded. [/quoteThe red cross and server error response has been an 'added feature' since the technical issues back at Christmas Leodian, there is a note about it in the tech support thread amongst others but, you seem to have applied the tried and tested method of try it and see - and found the way through!!     Mind you, my usual method for things is the "If at first you don't succeed, pack it in" one!
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Can we not have the top photos reduced in size to put this thread in a readable way? Or possibly remove them if there no longer needed perhaps? I don't know if it's just my browser? But you have to scroll a long way to read it.    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Phill_dvsn wrote: Can we not have the top photos reduced in size to put this thread in a readable way? Or possibly remove them if there no longer needs perhaps? I don't know if it's just my browser? But you have to scroll a long way to read it.     Best effort for this time of the morning Phill! Thia happened when large images were permitted and as in this case embedded rather than inserted.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

chameleon wrote: Phill_dvsn wrote: Can we not have the top photos reduced in size to put this thread in a readable way? Or possibly remove them if there no longer needs perhaps? I don't know if it's just my browser? But you have to scroll a long way to read it.     Best effort for this time of the morning Phill! Thia happened when large images were permitted and as in this case embedded rather than inserted. Perfect, your wide awake skills are to be commended at such an early hour
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Wide awake!! Involuntary, you know sometimes you wake up and nothing sends you back to sleep - until half an hour before the alarm clock goes off.....    

Leodian

Re: Adel Woods Strange Bunker Thing

Post by Leodian »

In my posts on June 10 2010 and July 17 2011 I referred to an intriguing small 'bunker' feature in Adel Woods close to Stairfoot Lane Cottage (not the World War 2 documents storage bunker on the opposite side of Stairfoot Lane in an old quarry). Though the feature might have been an ice store I’ve never found out if it was or was not, though its closeness to Stairfoot Bridge Cottage (Bridge Cottage) may be significant. Having not seen the feature for a year or two I went to it during a stroll on January 6 2021 and took 3 photos.

Recalling this thread I found that a photo of the feature I took on March 1 2011 is corrupted (at least on my laptop) so as there is a now nearly a 10 year gap I thought I would post the 3 recent photos.
The first shows the outside, the second shows the vent above the feature and the third shows a view of most of the inside (sunlight shows through the vent). It is surprisingly clear inside so perhaps somebody kindly clears rubbish from it.
OldFeature(QueryIceStore)AdelWoodsNearBridgeCottageStairfootLaneLeedsJan062021(1)..jpg
OldFeature(QueryIceStore)AdelWoodsNearBridgeCottageStairfootLaneLeedsJan062021(1)..jpg (244.18 KiB) Viewed 6272 times
VentTopOfOldFeature(IceStoreQuery)AdelWoodsNearBridgeCottageStairfootLaneLeedsJan062021(2)..jpg
VentTopOfOldFeature(IceStoreQuery)AdelWoodsNearBridgeCottageStairfootLaneLeedsJan062021(2)..jpg (281.01 KiB) Viewed 6272 times
OldFeature(IceStoreQuery)AdelWoodsNearBridgeCottageStairfootLaneLeedsJan062021(3)..jpg
OldFeature(IceStoreQuery)AdelWoodsNearBridgeCottageStairfootLaneLeedsJan062021(3)..jpg (135.77 KiB) Viewed 6272 times

tilly

Post by tilly »

Well done Leodian keep up the good work.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote:
Thu 07 Jan, 2021 10:19 pm
Well done Leodian keep up the good work.
Thanks tilly for that nice compliment :).

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Leodian i appreciate the effort you put in, you must know Leeds like the back of your hand.Stay safe.Sid
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.