Jogon

Post by Jogon »

EDIT SOLD]    
Attachments
entrance to briggate.jpg
entrance to briggate.jpg (60.26 KiB) Viewed 6403 times

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

A certain amount of licence but possible when the buildings were lower:http://goo.gl/maps/5nLtU

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

That's an interesting version Jogon of the drawing that I posted on June 19 2012 on page 3. There are several differences between the versions, no doubt due to differing artistic interpretations of the scene. Where I had wondered if there was water flowing into the river your version has what looks like washing hung over, so that area was presumably dry ground leading to and from the river. Artistic licence then would be photoshopping now.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

edit - error    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

While I was on the bridge today (July 4 2013) I spotted a few dozen sizeable fish in what was shallow water at the side of the River Aire on the right just as you go onto the bridge coming from the centre of Leeds. The river was not carrying as strong a flow as usual, which is probably why the level was low. I could not tell what fish they were but their sizes ranged from around 4 inches to at least 6 inches.I happened to also notice that looking between the planks of the steps that lead to the riverside walk just there that there is a small arch that I've not noticed before. I wonder if it was designed to take some water to reduce pressure on the main arches in times of floods, as it is currently at least above the river level. It's surprising what can be seen at times. I could not take a photo due to the steps being in the way, as the narrow gaps between them were positioned badly to get a shot.    

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

In my post on 04-Jul-2013 21:33:18 I mentioned the small arch on Leeds Bridge that was mostly hidden by the planks on the steps. When I was looking around the area on July 11 2013 I took this photo by putting my camera through a gap between some planks and then taking a photo without being able to know what I was taking! It's not the greatest of photos but it's better than I expected and it does at least show some of the small arch, as well as the litter there!When taking photos in the area I noticed that on the opposite side of the river there is a probably similar small arch but (as far as I can tell) that seems to have river water flowing through it. I shall post a view that has that arch in my next photo in this thread.
Attachments
023R.jpg
023R.jpg (118.57 KiB) Viewed 6403 times

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

This is the photo (taken July 11 2013) that shows (just!) the small arch at the far end of Leeds Bridge when coming from Swinegate. Though it's hard to be sure it does seem as if river water could be flowing through that arch.    
Attachments
031R.jpg
031R.jpg (84.04 KiB) Viewed 6403 times