City Square

Places to explore
biggee99

Post by biggee99 »

I will track my old friend down and find out if he got any photos of the old toilets.
biggee

A little birdy

Post by A little birdy »

biggee99 wrote: I will track my old friend down and find out if he got any photos of the old toilets. As they say...pictures or it didn't happen

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'the toilets was there with a light still on and all working perfect.'If the light was still on, one heck of a lamp bulb - where d'you buy them?

Lilysmum

Post by Lilysmum »

chameleon wrote: 'the toilets was there with a light still on and all working perfect.'If the light was still on, one heck of a lamp bulb - where d'you buy them? You don't!!! they've been banned! only the rubbish eco friendly low energy bulbs allowed now.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Hmm, thinking about it, why would the Queens hotel need an outside privvy?

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

There were toilets at the Aire Street end of the City Station/Queens Hotel complex - adjacent to the News Theatre - there was also a gentlemans hairdresser's down there (anything for the weekend sir?)
Industria Omnia Vincit

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Anything on Leodis, I've had a quick look but nothing obvious, Danish Blue at the Tatler though! There was a barbers at the other end of the hotel on the access road to the City Station.

sirjohn

Post by sirjohn »

the barbers is still there...

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Cardiarms wrote: Anything on Leodis, I've had a quick look but nothing obvious, Danish Blue at the Tatler though! There was a barbers at the other end of the hotel on the access road to the City Station. All I ever found on Leodis when we talked about this before were pictures of the inside taken just before the toilets were opened, strnge there's nothing definitive to show their above ground location.

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

There's a good picture of the air raid shelters though. Very definitely above ground, those reinforced brick ones.