Places to explore
Chrism

Post by Chrism »

We've only got cable!
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

tyke bhoy wrote: Chrism wrote: I don't suppose someone could record this on DVD for me please. I will reimburse you for the DVD's and postage etc etc etc. If you can please get in [email protected] regards in advance! If you have sattelite tv you can view ytv. Not quite as easy as 9xx whatever BBC Yorkshire is on but you can add it under services as an other channel. Details can be found on how www.wildsat.com I haven't looked at that site tyke bhoy, but whereas you can as you say, view alternative BBC regions immediately on satelite, I thought it was the case that for ITV regions, access had to be by asking sky to change your default programme. Only one ITV region used to be accessible at once, and that was determined by your postcode - it may have changed.    

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

The default itv channel on 103 is allocated courtesy of the postcode that the usercard is registered to. Any correspondence will also go to that address so unless you know someone who lives there its not recommended to give a false addressYou can add up to 50 additional channels to those on the EPG (electronic programmming guide). These are not available on a numbered channel and the EPG functionality of next programme or info on the other channels isn't available when watching them but you can add all the itv regions as part of those 50 http://www.wildsat.com/astra.htm#manual is where precise instructions are
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

tyke bhoy wrote: The default itv channel on 103 is allocated courtesy of the postcode that the usercard is registered to. Any correspondence will also go to that address so unless you know someone who lives there its not recommended to give a false addressYou can add up to 50 additional channels to those on the EPG (electronic programmming guide). These are not available on a numbered channel and the EPG functionality of next programme or info on the other channels isn't available when watching them but you can add all the itv regions as part of those 50 http://www.wildsat.com/astra.htm#manual is where precise instructions are They would change it if you requested it - but messy. This is different to what I've seen before - info was quite specific that you could not add and save so I never tried it. Will have a play, like to keep in touch with Norfolk (yeh, I know, what ever for??)Cheers tyke bhoy.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

The wife hails from Belfast, so I had to add UTV. We watched it on the 24th December as between programmes the UTV announcer tracked Santa's progress specifying it was after children's bedtimes. It di wonders in getting my 6 year old to bed and sleep.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

fevlad wrote: wasn't there going to be a Leeds Ship canal at one time?I think some of the infrastructure was actually put in place-swing bridges etc(I remember seeing one at Stourton), and often wondered abouit the scheme: if indeed there was one. 25 years ago I sailed a narrow boat from Liverpool to wakefield. It was fascinating-the views along the route wouild be unrecognisable today. The locks downsteam of Leeds are certainly very large. I can't speak for the current situation, but until quite recently Hargreaves moved coal by canal. There were also tankers bringing petroleum up from Immingham to Leeds.I can just remember the days when Tate and Lyle had a warehouse in Dock Street and their boats carried sugar from Liverpool into Leeds.
Industria Omnia Vincit

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Just watched the next edition of this, the esteemed MrCorbett enlikened Leeds to a recently regenerated part of Manchester, saying it (Leeds) is BECOMING a vibrant place to live! Phahh!Too much time in sooty land, this chap I think.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

chameleon wrote: Just watched the next edition of this, the esteemed MrCorbett enlikened Leeds to a recently regenerated part of Manchester, saying it (Leeds) is BECOMING a vibrant place to live! Phahh!Too much time in sooty land, this chap I think. Perhaps someone was working him Or perhaps he'd taken too much oofl dust
Industria Omnia Vincit

roundhegian

Post by roundhegian »

chameleon wrote: Just watched the next edition of this, the esteemed MrCorbett enlikened Leeds to a recently regenerated part of Manchester, saying it (Leeds) is BECOMING a vibrant place to live! Phahh!Too much time in sooty land, this chap I think. ..... and what was the point of the lengthy piece about the National Boat Museum in Runcorn ? This would have been much more appropriate when the programme reaches the end of the journey surely ?The piece by the City Architect to camera would have been better as a voice-over more film of the city-centre .
roundhegian

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

roundhegian wrote: chameleon wrote: Just watched the next edition of this, the esteemed MrCorbett enlikened Leeds to a recently regenerated part of Manchester, saying it (Leeds) is BECOMING a vibrant place to live! Phahh!Too much time in sooty land, this chap I think. ..... and what was the point of the lengthy piece about the National Boat Museum in Runcorn ? This would have been much more appropriate when the programme reaches the end of the journey surely ?The piece by the City Architect to camera would have been better as a voice-over more film of the city-centre . Judging from the content and minimalist research, you could almost imagine this as a 'Really Good Production'