Does anyone know what this 12 6/R sign means?

Unusual markings, logos and symbols around the city
Leodian

Does anyone know what this 12 6/R sign means?

Post by Leodian »

When in the area looking at the major road works going at the Outer Ring Road/Harrogate Road roundabout on January 11 2019 a sign stating 12 6/R caught my eye. Does anyone know what the sign means? It is by the east side of the north side of the Outer Ring Road and is very obvious so it may have recently been done or painted over, so it may or may not have to do with the road works. Perhaps the R stands for Ring Road? Any help will be appreciated.
The first photo is a close-up of the sign and the second shows its location.
SignNearOuterRingRoadHarrogateRoadJunctionLeedsJan112019..jpg
SignNearOuterRingRoadHarrogateRoadJunctionLeedsJan112019..jpg (177.41 KiB) Viewed 14449 times
LocationOfSignNearOuterRingRoadHarrogateRoadJunctionLeedsJan112019..jpg
LocationOfSignNearOuterRingRoadHarrogateRoadJunctionLeedsJan112019..jpg (182.14 KiB) Viewed 14449 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tyke bhoy

Re: Does anyone know what this 12 6/R sign means?

Post by tyke bhoy »

Not new or recently "refreshed" unless it is regularly refreshed. The earlies street view that we can go back to is 2008 and it was there then. There are 8 streetview sightings and it is visble in some and obscured by overhanging foliage in others. Hopefully this shows the first 2008 image https://goo.gl/maps/ctMdnwSmCkt
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

Leodian

Re: Does anyone know what this 12 6/R sign means?

Post by Leodian »

Thanks for your help tyke bhoy :).

As the sign is over 10 years old it cannot have anything to do with the roadworks. I now wonder if the R may stand for roundabout and so the 12 6/R may be a reference number for the nearby roundabout and nothing to do with the Ring Road that I had thought.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.