Eccup Aquaduct

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
big_rob2004

Post by big_rob2004 »

I don't really have much information on this one but whilst I was at the Thackray Medical Museum I saw a picture showing an Aquaduct that carried water from Eccup Reservoir to Leeds. I doubt that the aquaduct went the whole distance but I was wondering where it went to... and if any of it still exists today, whether in use or in ruin.OR... if anyone has any further information about it.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

If you look back through the site (don't forget to select'threads during last year' option) and use the search facility, you'll find this has been covered in considerable detail - should answer all your questions and more!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

do you mean the seven arches?I live very close to it. It's in adel woodsit transferred water from the res to the pumping station in headingley I think-this is now the headingley taps boozerthe city quickly outgrew the aqueduct and water travelled on a pipeline which forms the bridge over the beck
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Yes - well covered.the seven arches is still there and it is likely the brick conduit is still there running across the fields past new rover cricket ground.On google you can pick out the line as the grass seems to grow a bit differently over it.Across the Ring Road is a beck that was again crossed by a second aqueduct of which scant remains can be found (subject to Chameleon agreeing when he goes to look).No doubt bits of the conduit remain in the weetwood area.But tracing the line which is clear on 1854 O.S. will take some doing.Plus you'll need a jcb to see if you have it right!