Aire Park Meadow Lane Development

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Jann

Aire Park Meadow Lane Development

Post by Jann »

Just wanted to know if the new urban park on Meadow Lane is near completion yet, can only find a short virtual video of it online and was hoping to find some photos, Leodian hope you will be posting some photos of it in the near future! Thank you for reading my post !

buffaloskinner

Re: Aire Park Meadow Lane Development

Post by buffaloskinner »

Is this the end of the story ...or the beginning of a legend?

Jann

Post by Jann »

Hi buffaloskinner ! Thank you for the link regarding the Aire Park meadow lane development, very interesting article about this area

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Jann wrote:
Sun 16 Apr, 2023 7:13 pm
Just wanted to know if the new urban park on Meadow Lane is near completion yet, can only find a short virtual video of it online and was hoping to find some photos, Leodian hope you will be posting some photos of it in the near future! Thank you for reading my post !
Hi Jann :)
I've only been close by bits of it but have not taken any photos as the area is not only vast but boardings/security fencing make it hard to get good shots. The area is certainly undergoing a major change!

Thanks buffaloskinner for the information in the interesting link. I was amused by the "The Hunslet Stray will close on 3rd April 2023 for approximately two months" as I have never heard of Hunslet Stray which I assume is a new name for part of the area! :)
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jann

Post by Jann »

Hi Leodian must admit Hunslet Stray is a new one for me too, only Stray I know of is the one at Harrogate, must be wanting Hunslet to sound upmarket once the whole of the area is completed!

tilly

Post by tilly »

I lived in Hunslet until i was seventeen i am now eighty one i have never heard of Hunslet Stray.The name was probably made up by someone who knows very little about Hunslet.Sounds more like a pet that was lost in the area.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

jim

Post by jim »

Probably taken from Harrogate's large open space in the hope of benefitting from the connection - in my view with a likelihood of resultant derision.

tilly

Post by tilly »

jim wrote:
Mon 17 Apr, 2023 11:21 pm
Probably taken from Harrogate's large open space in the hope of benefitting from the connection - in my view with a likelihood of resultant derision.
Has per my post Jim. :lol:
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.