Demolition of the old Tate of Leeds building by New York Road.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
LeedsGloyt

Re: Demolition of the old Tate of Leeds building by New York Road.

Post by LeedsGloyt »

Safestore are rebuilding it same as for storage use

Leodian

Re: Demolition of the old Tate of Leeds building by New York Road.

Post by Leodian »

It has been some while since I was in the immediate area so I went on September 10 2020 to have a look. I have attached 3 photos I took that day.
The first is a view from Trafalgar Street looking towards Bridge Street. Part of Trafalgar Street is on the left and part of the New York Road/Inner Ring Road is on the right.
The second is a view from the Trafalgar Street/Bridge Street junction. The New York Road/Inner Ring Road is hidden on the left and a bit of Trafalgar Street is seen on the right.
The third is a view from Bridge Street with New York Road/Inner Ring Road hidden on the left and a bit of Trafalgar Street is seen on the right.
The area seems ripe now for development.
TrafalgarStLeftNewYorkRoadInnerRingRoadRightLeedsSept102020..jpg
TrafalgarStLeftNewYorkRoadInnerRingRoadRightLeedsSept102020..jpg (118.8 KiB) Viewed 959 times
ViewFromTrafalgarStBridgeStJunctionWithNewYorkRoadInnerRingRoadHiddenLeftTrafalgarStRightLeedsSept102020..jpg
ViewFromTrafalgarStBridgeStJunctionWithNewYorkRoadInnerRingRoadHiddenLeftTrafalgarStRightLeedsSept102020..jpg (125.5 KiB) Viewed 959 times
ViewFromBridgeStWithTrafalgarStRightNewYorkRoadInnerRingRoadHiddenLeftLeedsSept102020..jpg
ViewFromBridgeStWithTrafalgarStRightNewYorkRoadInnerRingRoadHiddenLeftLeedsSept102020..jpg (134.99 KiB) Viewed 959 times
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.