The old Tate of Leeds building between New York Road and Trafalgar Street.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
Leodian

The old Tate of Leeds building between New York Road and Trafalgar Street.

Post by Leodian »

The old Tate of Leeds building between New York Road and Trafalgar Street is now covered by protective material as work is going on. Passing by the building on October 8 2019 I noticed signs referring to demolition work but it was unclear if that meant just inside the building or if the whole building is to be demolished (at least part of it has been an indoor car park for years). I've not been able to readily find out what is about to happen to the building, so I wonder if anyone knows. This photo (which I took on October 8 2019) shows the scene from Bridge Street looking up the Trafalgar Street frontage of the building.
TrafalgarStreetSideOfTheOldTateOfLeedsBuildingOct082019..jpg
TrafalgarStreetSideOfTheOldTateOfLeedsBuildingOct082019..jpg (133.85 KiB) Viewed 2413 times
Last edited by Leodian on Fri 11 Oct, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Re: The old Tate of Leeds building between New York Road and Trafalgar Street,

Post by Leodian »

hicklingmick wrote:
Thu 10 Oct, 2019 5:16 pm
So this development is to the right of the work?

http://www.tatehouseapartments.co.uk/index.php
Hi hicklingmick :).

Yes as far as I'm aware the development is not part of the Tate House apartments building, the rear of which is that to the right in the photo. I would not though be surprised if the building in question is to be developed into apartments or a hotel.

In my initial post I stated part of it at least had been an indoor car park but having now found it was a 'Safestore' self storage building I think the cars I had seen may just have been temporarily there.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.