Bunkers

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
pefkos1

Post by pefkos1 »

does anybody know where there are still underground bunkers around leeds like the one on woodhouse moor and the one in bramley near the old brewery,also if any one has info on the more modern one at eccup reservoir

Basher

Post by Basher »

Hey pefkos,I believe the bunkers in Bramley are at the bottom of Pollard Lane, I never actually been there myself but my information is credible. I practically live at Woodhouse Moor, so I will check out the bunkers there (if there are any). As for Eccup resovoir, I did a google earth search and an interesting location came up.Would you happen to anything about Dean Woods in Morley??

LiL_Lewis

Post by LiL_Lewis »

Yeah there are bunkers down in bramley near the abbey pub, a few near the old buildings before ya go over railway bridge, best ones are over railway then along through where there building the new stuff, or walk to the right along canal until ya get to big hill goin down 2 river, bottom of hill go right thru woods n there s 2 or 3 bunkers, deffo used to be accessable, in gd nick aswel with graffiti from both world wars. Used to go there my self + in the factory b4 it wa demolished.

dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

hey guys, this seems like a promising thread - gonna move it to the 'Unusual buildings and structures' forum in the main discussion section shortly ...cheers,dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

iamblagged

Post by iamblagged »

There is a strange rectangular patch, in a field, near the junction of Leeds Road and Taylor Lane, near Barwick-in-Elmet. It was an observation post for the Royal Observation Corps. It is clearly visable on Google Earth.There is a collapsed WWII bunker in the middle of Armley Park. It is coverd in soil, and is not obvious straight away. As kids used to sit on it and pull bricks out.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

iamblagged wrote: There is a strange rectangular patch, in a field, near the junction of Leeds Road and Taylor Lane, near Barwick-in-Elmet. It was an observation post for the Royal Observation Corps. It is clearly visable on Google Earth.There is a collapsed WWII bunker in the middle of Armley Park. It is coverd in soil, and is not obvious straight away. As kids used to sit on it and pull bricks out. heres some pictures i found on subterainia britanica
Attachments
988097424_Pic5_barwickinelmet5.jpg
988097424_Pic5_barwickinelmet5.jpg (62.99 KiB) Viewed 8749 times
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

iamblagged wrote: There is a strange rectangular patch, in a field, near the junction of Leeds Road and Taylor Lane, near Barwick-in-Elmet. It was an observation post for the Royal Observation Corps. It is clearly visable on Google Earth.There is a collapsed WWII bunker in the middle of Armley Park. It is coverd in soil, and is not obvious straight away. As kids used to sit on it and pull bricks out. /
Attachments
988097424_Pic4_barwickinelmet4.jpg
988097424_Pic4_barwickinelmet4.jpg (60.48 KiB) Viewed 8749 times
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

[/
Attachments
988097424_Pic6_barwickinelmet6.jpg
988097424_Pic6_barwickinelmet6.jpg (61.33 KiB) Viewed 8749 times

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

Dean woods is where Gidersome tunnel portal still exists. The Pollard lane place is pretty much out of bounds these days! It's cordoned off good & proper with security fencing!
Attachments
gildersome.jpg
gildersome.jpg (60.12 KiB) Viewed 8749 times
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

there was a bunker/tunnel in the old quarry off Stairfoot Lane, Adel. We played here as kids, rumours had it was an ammunition store, anyone any info