H block adel

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
si_voodoo

Post by si_voodoo »

Hi im new here, though RickJ should know me from number 11, has anybody seen this thought it might be of interesthttp://www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/sites/l/leeds_wa ... dex.htmlis this palce accessable??thankssi.

Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Is this where you mean si?It's part of the Government Benefits Agency at Lawnswood I think. I would think it could be tricky getting to it unless you were an employee.
http://www.siddles.me.ukYou can take a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.Stan Laurel.

Geordi

Post by Geordi »

Apparently, the lower foor(s) are now under a hell of lot more water than the subrit report. Mind you it was 6 or so years ago.

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Not surprised after the damp june we had!!
Love a Landrover

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

Double post!!
Love a Landrover

Croggy

Post by Croggy »

My FIL used to work there (in the offices, not the bunker afaik!)... don't know if he has any information on it.

chamusdarrach

Post by chamusdarrach »

apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I was up at Lawnswood today and parked my car right next to the "bunker".I managed to ascertain that access to it is strictly denied, to both staff and visitors, due to a high level of asbestos being present in the building.On another note, but apologies for going out of the Leeds area, a freind of mine works for First Bus at Halifax (Skircoat Road Depot) as a supervisor, and whilst walking around his depot a couple of months back, came across some doors that shouldn,t have been there, and were welded up.Upon obtaining an angle grinder, the doors were opened, which led to a downwards flight of stairs to a previously unkown cellar that was under the bus depot, which turns out to have been Halifax's underground nuclear control centre, and whilst under a bit of water, is still remarkably intact.He has still yet to explore all the rooms, but has discovered that some of the emergency exits from the bunker lead to the depot pits, but all this may soon be buldozed, as they are planning to move to a new depot, and sell Skircoat road fo redevelopment.
The Health and Safey Executive." Striving to take the fun and enjoyment of life away from us all "