lost loo's of leeds.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
rikj

Post by rikj »

Mmm, by The Library on Woodhouse Lane. Kirkstall Road opposite Hawksworth Road, the old entrances to these have only just been bricked up. I guess because of the demolition of the forge.Shaftsbury Rec, the footings to the entrance are still visible.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

rikj wrote: Mmm, by The Library on Woodhouse Lane. Kirkstall Road opposite Hawksworth Road, the old entrances to these have only just been bricked up. I guess because of the demolition of the forge. This old block, near the bus stop I assume you mean, has actually been demolished within the past couple of months Rikj - There's just a wall there now - though you can clearly see where they were by the new stonework.(also its not Kirkstall road, but I know where you mean!)
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

simonm

Post by simonm »

Remember well the toilets at bottom of Briggate / Boar lane. It was also used as an underpass between the two roads. I bet they were never filled in when finally closed. Wouldn't be suprised if one day workment drill straight through...
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

drapesy wrote: The old block at oakwood clock is still there - and they've been closed for donkeys years. The one's near Valley gardens at roundhay park were open til a few years ago. I think, certainly in the last case, that 'cottaging' led to it closing, if you know what I mean... I was seriously thinking about scaling that wall to see if there was any 2'6d durex or other grafitti memorabillia stuff inside! Best Durex grafitti i ever saw was in the old train station subway loos when it had scrawled on the side! Insert baby for refund! Evolution stops here i suppose! circa 1984!
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

Phill_d wrote: drapesy wrote: The old block at oakwood clock is still there - and they've been closed for donkeys years. The one's near Valley gardens at roundhay park were open til a few years ago. I think, certainly in the last case, that 'cottaging' led to it closing, if you know what I mean... I was seriously thinking about scaling that wall to see if there was any 10'6d durex or other grafitti memorabillia stuff inside! Best Durex grafitti i ever saw was in the old train station subway loos when it had scrawled on the side! Insert baby for refund! Evolution stops here i suppose! circa 1984! i saw on one machine,'this product carries the kite mark',the reply was,'so did the titanic'.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Burley Rd. at the entrance to Burley Park.(Bricked up).Corner of Bridge Rd.(Kirkstall) and Abbey Rd (previously mentioned in a posting regarding police stns)Back of Leeds Town Hall (Great George St)Junction of Wellington St, Wellington Rd and Kirkstall Rd.These were in the middle of the respective tram tracks and handy for 'express relief' for tram drivers! Top of New Briggate near the Chest Clinic.There was a Gent's (and Ladies) opened in one of the new arcades (Victoria?)but it was shut for 'refurbishing' a couple of yearsago and never reopened!Another Leeds market one at the top of 'Fish Row', whichwas also down a tricky flight of steps. Closed when they opened a new toilet suite (G row?). You have to pay now!I still go to the Barber's down the steps! (A shilling - All Off!)Arry AWK

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Burley Rd. at the entrance to Burley Park.(Bricked up).Corner of Bridge Rd.(Kirkstall) and Abbey Rd (previously mentioned in a posting regarding police stns)Back of Leeds Town Hall (Great George St)Junction of Wellington St, Wellington Rd and Kirkstall Rd.These were in the middle of the respective tram tracks and handy for 'express relief' for tram drivers! Top of New Briggate near the Chest Clinic.There was a Gent's (and Ladies) opened in one of the new arcades (Victoria?)but it was shut for 'refurbishing' a couple of yearsago and never reopened!Another Leeds market one at the top of 'Fish Row', whichwas also down a tricky flight of steps. Closed when they opened a new toilet suite (G row?). You have to pay now!I still go to the Barber's down the steps! (A shilling - All Off!)Arry AWK

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Sorry! Didn't think it had posted (Agen!)If you ever get 'taken short' on Briggate, Try Border's bookshop (upstairs), or Marks and Sparks!I read that WH Smith are taking over Border's, so the situation there might change!Would it be an idea to quote some witty Bog Wall 'Postings'?(Forget the 'Limpwristers' CV's tho!)Arry AwkAllo Allo!I shall post this only once!

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Hope you don't mind a Pee Ess!The one at the end of Hawksworth Rd, (nr the Forge)was on the continuation of Abbey Rd where itbecomes New Road Side, Horsforth.PPS! Skins were 3 for half a crown when I were a lad!Who'd pay 10/6d??? I'd give her the wrong address first!Arry

LS1

Post by LS1 »

I think the ones near the chest clinic on New Briggate are now part of Kamyls restuarant. I think that the yare the toilets ironically, as I was watching them refurb as I walked past to work a couple of months ago. The hoarding covering the door was removed, but I dare not venture in!!!