lost loo's of leeds.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
wiggy

Post by wiggy »

well folk keep threatening,so i shall kick off with mine;the ones on briggate,nr boar lane junction,i never used these,but i remember the railings with their chain and padlock;the ones over the road from the dock green;the ones next to the fforde grene on easterly road;the downstairs toilets in harehills park;the downstairs ones next to the library on harehills lane and the ones in the subway on the east side of the merrion centre......okay that's my number one,anyone got a number two? ( sorry, couldn't help that)
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

magic

Post by magic »

Wiggy, "downstairs toilets in Harehill Park" where abouts were these? The downstairs toilets in the outside market. You could break your neck walking down them.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

magic wrote: Wiggy, "downstairs toilets in Harehill Park" where abouts were these? The downstairs toilets in the outside market. You could break your neck walking down them. as you walk in through the gates on coldcotes avenue,you will notice a large triangle of grass,they were here.as were two fountains,the blocks they sat on are still there in the park,concrete and about 2ft square.i agree with your comments of the market toilets,same as the corn exchange ones...ha..ha!

magic

Post by magic »

wiggy wrote: magic wrote: Wiggy, "downstairs toilets in Harehill Park" where abouts were these? The downstairs toilets in the outside market. You could break your neck walking down them. as you walk in through the gates on coldcotes avenue,you will notice a large triangle of grass,they were here.as were two fountains,the blocks they sat on are still there in the park,concrete and about 2ft square.i agree with your comments of the market toilets,same as the corn exchange ones...ha..ha! Bloody hell wiggy i always wondered what the concrete blocks were. That was my favourite spot for drinking my bottle of white lightning in my youth. When did the fountains disappear?

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

truth to tell, i was only a babe in arms.fraid i got that one from pater,he recons about 68-ish

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

magic wrote: wiggy wrote: magic wrote: Wiggy, "downstairs toilets in Harehill Park" where abouts were these? The downstairs toilets in the outside market. You could break your neck walking down them. as you walk in through the gates on coldcotes avenue,you will notice a large triangle of grass,they were here.as were two fountains,the blocks they sat on are still there in the park,concrete and about 2ft square.i agree with your comments of the market toilets,same as the corn exchange ones...ha..ha! Bloody hell wiggy i always wondered what the concrete blocks were. That was my favourite spot for drinking my bottle of white lightning in my youth. When did the fountains disappear? where did you live in those cider hazy days ,nick?

magic

Post by magic »

In a house!

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

I 'll name the Charlie Cake park loo's here http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/413723306/
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

The old block at oakwood clock is still there - and they've been closed for donkeys years. The one's near Valley gardens at roundhay park were open til a few years ago. I think, certainly in the last case, that 'cottaging' led to it closing, if you know what I mean...
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Not forgetting the ones at the old Tram teminus at the top of Crossgates Road, now the memorial garden, in the central resevation outside the Regal/GEM/ADSA/Chiltern Mills. (That plot's ertainly seen a lot of changes in its life!).