Leeds Heights

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
the wicked twitch

Post by the wicked twitch »

Hi there,Is anyone else enthralled by the roofs, towers and everything above eye level in leeds city centre?Look at the top of Kirkgate Market for example: Every now again, when I'm not rushing about, I catch a glimpse of the arcitecture up there which seems to be overshadowed by the busy shopfronts and hustle on the street. We get so distracted trying not to get run over or robbed down here that we forget about everything that's going on up there. Leeds is a really beautiful city if you remember to look up once in a while, it's like a secret city all of it's own.Lots of love,
The Wicked Twitch of the West

FarnleyBloke

Post by FarnleyBloke »

Hi twitchI agree but it's even better when seen from above. I work at the top end of town in quite a tall building and can see right down the length of Briggate from our top floor. The features you can see from this height are brilliant.For instance from ground level the Grand Theatre has a very impressive front but thats all you can see, the actual building above is a huge brick structure that extends quite high.Also from up here you can get a good idea of how tall other structures are ie bridgewater place and unbelievably the tower of Trinity Church which looks to me to be about eye level with my office even though it's at the bottom of town. (Munki i don't envy you going up there, i'd have been shaking in my boots!)