Leeds Lost Schools

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
volvojack

Re: Leeds Lost Schools

Post by volvojack »

Hello Stuart, Obviously things have much improved since the new school was built. I was in Leeds some time ago and drove up as near as possible to the new school. I climbed the old steps up to what remained of the church but unfortunately the top was sealed off so could not see whether the orphanage and other buildings were still there.
I was interested in your post regarding being presented with a certificate from Gary Sprake in the playground and would be very interested in seeing a picture of same if possible.

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Hello again Stuart. Anymore information about Mt. St. Marys would be most welcome. Hope you are keeping well.

All being well we are coming up to Leeds this weekend and going to approach the school from the York Rd. end

volvojack

Post by volvojack »

Mount Saint Marys, Boys school. (in the 1940s)
I was thinking of the times we played on east end park football pitches and the distance we had to trudge from the Bank (Church Rd.) Richmond Hill singing "We are the Marys of the Bank Parlez Vouz,we are the Mary's of the Bank, we eat the cabbage and leave the shank, Inki,Pinki Parlez Vouz" No wonder we never won any trophys, what walking the distance and singing that nonsense

Wood

Post by Wood »

Hi my son Daniel Wood was at Asket hill school in 2004 I've 1 photo of him with a few class mates and 2 teachers am looking for more photos if possible plz but can't seem to find nothing at all. 😔

Wood

Post by Wood »

Looking for more photos of the school and class mates plz

Wood

Post by Wood »

Hi am looking for photos from 2004 my son Daniel Wood was in Asket hill but can't seem to find any I've one with his class mates and anyone when it was snowing and he was in playground with a few friends. I no a lot of teachers no him very well at the school it would be nice to get some old pictures of classmates so I can show him now he is all grown up 😉

tilly

Post by tilly »

Hi Wood have you tried the Leodis site thats all i can suggest.
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.