Trinity Leeds Project

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Phill_dvsn wrote: raveydavey wrote: simong wrote: Leeds Hippo wrote: Geordie-exile wrote: Yes, we have the Trinity go ahead in Gateshead too, and the 'nibbler' will start on the Get Carter car park on Monday.Awww. 'snot fair. There's no fun now there's no Fred Dibnah style plunger moment. Not the "Get Carter" car park - I would have thought that this was a listed building! It didn't get its listing in the end because it was in such a poor state - the concrete is rotting and it was a danger to passers-by. I doubt the new Tescos will survive as long though. According to one of the Get Carter websites, the 'mix' of the concrete was wrong and it's been on borrowed time ever since it opened. The restaurant that Alf Roberts was going to open at the top shut years ago because of related problems and there have been instances of chunks of concrete falling off it.In the base of the car park was a shopping centre / market that had a lot of similarities with Seacroft Centre (see seperate thread) which shouldn't be too surprising as they were built at around the same time and in the same style.I think the whole place has been shut up for a couple of years now and I'd thought it had gone. If I'd known it was still there I'd have nipped over when I was in the North East in May. It was still open when i looked in there in 2008 Ravey. I think only the top two floors were closed to the public then. I got a few Carter location shots while i was up therehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/sets/7 ... 59/detail/ Some cracking shots there Phill. I don't know how you manage all these fantastic urban shots. Whenever I try I end up with the sort of people hanging about you don't want to see, worryingly eyeing up my camera!
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Crazy Jane

Post by Crazy Jane »

is there anything actually in 'the core' now?i think i've been avoiding it since the last time i went in it was just a sort of narrow corridor around boards where you couldn;t see what shops were in there?
Evil and ambition scatter in the the darkness, leaving behind dubious rumors to fly in public. To the next world, I commit thee.

raveydavey

Post by raveydavey »

Crazy Jane wrote: is there anything actually in 'the core' now?i think i've been avoiding it since the last time i went in it was just a sort of narrow corridor around boards where you couldn;t see what shops were in there? Sounds similar to my last visit - a few shops open facing out onto the surrounding streets, but if you'll pardon the pun, there was nothing at the core
Speaking the Truth in times of universal deceit is a revolutionary act – George Orwell

Reginal Perrin

Post by Reginal Perrin »

raveydavey wrote: Crazy Jane wrote: is there anything actually in 'the core' now?i think i've been avoiding it since the last time i went in it was just a sort of narrow corridor around boards where you couldn;t see what shops were in there? Sounds similar to my last visit - a few shops open facing out onto the surrounding streets, but if you'll pardon the pun, there was nothing at the core Plus you just know some of them will not be there very long. That Cotswolds place will not survive on that scale, no way.There is nothing inside at all, some of the old shops still back onto the new arcade inside but they are ths same shops as were always there like the card shop and Sports Direct.There is a top floor which is not currently open and I hope this will be a foodcourt.    
Ravioli, ravioli followed by ravioli. I happen to like ravioli.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

The nibbler's slowly nibbling away at the Get Carter car park. Photos to follow:

String o' beads

String o' beads

String o' beads

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Leodian wrote: There is a Trinity Leeds Project webcam that has been live since at least late March 2009 as I have regularly looked at it and saved some images. This is the link (hopefully it works!) http://webcam-leeds.stage.lldev.co.uk/ It does not update often but it usually does at least once a day. It has been interesting seeing the changes from when the project was active to the recent inactive spell. The webcam images at least for today show that something is happening as equipment and people are seen, but they were not up to a few days back.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Leodian wrote: There is a Trinity Leeds Project webcam that has been live since at least late March 2009 as I have regularly looked at it and saved some images. This is the link (hopefully it works!) http://webcam-leeds.stage.lldev.co.uk/ It does not update often but it usually does at least once a day. It has been interesting seeing the changes from when the project was active to the recent inactive spell. Recent images from the Trinity Leeds Project webcam show plenty of activity at the site. Ground preparation work is going on at an increasing pace. Even a webcam image seen today (September 20th) shows noticeable changes from that seen on the 15th.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.