Fearnville House on Dibb Lane

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Phew, cant take any more of this, im off to bed. My heart is pounding now. After all ive been through the last few days, to think ive found my birthplace and then reading on here a few minutes ago that maybe we were all wrong, i was so upset. BUT after checking again on Google Maps it is ok... Fearnville is still within the streets called Fearnville and not majically moved since i last looked. Someone is trying to give me an early heart attack.... (smile)I can sleep now!!
If you see someone without a smile today, give them one of yours!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Aaaaw, feeling all embarrassed now Parksider, actually I wondered if you might have been taking nvigation lessons from Mrs Chameleon - she's a dab hand with an upside down map!Seriously, there has been much debate and some confusion about this area over the months, not surprised somethings become unclear. Perhaps my being so sure does go back to the impression this building made upon me when first seen all those years ago. I think we all agree now. (Good news for Tracy!)(Just thinking, didn't The Grange used to sell Watney's )    

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Sorry to you all for my posting last night... i overeacted but being female thats supposed to be normal for us right? Lol...You have all been such a bit help over the last week or so and i look forward to watching these posts and contributing where i can. Im Leeds born so it feels nice being involved, if that is ok?Take care!P.S.Looking forward to seeing some photo's hopefully at some point, and maybe will be able to add some of my own at the end of the month...

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cakeisyummy7 wrote: Sorry to you all for my posting last night... i overeacted but being female thats supposed to be normal for us right? Lol...You have all been such a bit help over the last week or so and i look forward to watching these posts and contributing where i can. Im Leeds born so it feels nice being involved, if that is ok?Take care!P.S.Looking forward to seeing some photo's hopefully at some point, and maybe will be able to add some of my own at the end of the month... This site has changed significantly since its inception but remains a site about Leeds and Leeds people, past and present.

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Hi,Sending you a pic that was sent to me this week from my Aunty Vivienne (she was my mum's sister) who moved to Canada when i was two! We have only very recently found each other again, her pictures are what started me off trying to finding Fearnville House... This is one of the pictures i used to love looking at when i was a little girl and was so drawn to and this is a picture of Fearnville House, Dib Lane about 42 years ago. I was actually living here at the time (two years old) in one of the groundfloor apartments (flats to us, but my Aunty said they were called Apartments at that time).Hold that thought...I dont seem to be able to copy it here from the My Pictures Folder on my computer so will have to try and post it tomorrow, sorry!!Night..

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Tried to cut and paste it, but it wouldnt work so if anyone has any ideas of how i could post it, they would be very welcome. Thanks.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Isn't it this weekend you hoped to visit Tracy? Good luck if you make it

Arry Awk

Post by Arry Awk »

Not being too familiar with the Fearnville and Dibb Lane side of Leeds, I was wondering about the heading of this threadwhich states 'On Dibb Lane, Bramley' ????If this has been explained,and I missed it,SORRY!The Bramley bit got me puzzled!

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'Arry 'Awk wrote: Not being too familiar with the Fearnville and Dibb Lane side of Leeds, I was wondering about the heading of this threadwhich states 'On Dibb Lane, Bramley' ????If this has been explained,and I missed it,SORRY!The Bramley bit got me puzzled! The starter of the thread was in a bit of a quandry trying to find out where she was born arry and had confkicting (possible) stories from different people. She is trying to find out if that was in Bramley, maybe even at St Mary's, or at an old house on Dibb Lane LS8.Waiting to hear if she got hold of a birth certificate to help!

cakeisyummy7

Post by cakeisyummy7 »

Hi everyone,I cant make it to my Auntys Golden Wedding tomorrow in Leeds, i am really upset, not just about missing the party but also because i wont be able to take a walk and have a look at the house on Dibb Lane.But on a more positive note, ive been in touch with family that i havent heard from in a while (some of which live in Canada) and i definately was born in Fearnville House! Im over the moon to say the least to have it confirmed after so long. I am very worried that if i dont get to Leeds soon that i will never see the house in the state its in now. I know its run down from the picture that was posted, but its in its original state and soon that may not be. Im sure the new owners will 'renovate' it but how has to be left to the imagination. That is, if its not pulled down, which im sure may be a possibility.Its going to be in the new year before i can get across so if anyone manages to get any pictures i would love to see them. Just want to say again, a huge thankyou to you all for your postings about me trying to find the house i was born in, i dont think i would have found it if it hadnt been for your kindness. Looking forward to reading other postings about this thread maybe and about Leeds in general... Tracy x