lost loo's of leeds.

Bunkers, shelters and other buildings
leeds34

Post by leeds34 »

What has happened to the public toilets at Green Road in Meanwood. Ok, they were in a bit of a state but always appreciated as the shopping area around can get busy. They closed about a year ago, but re-opened for a few weeks in October/November time but have been closed since....Other lost loos worth mentioning...Yeadon (next to Town Hall)Rawdon (by the traffic lights, recently demolished)Horsforth (behind the shops)The Hollies, Weetwood Lane (still there, but for some reason closed)Roundhay (by Oakwood clock)Guiseley (converted into an office for a car dealership)

leeds34

Post by leeds34 »

What has happened to the public toilets at Green Road in Meanwood. Ok, they were in a bit of a state but always appreciated as the shopping area around can get busy. They closed about a year ago, but re-opened for a few weeks in October/November time but have been closed since....Other lost loos worth mentioning...Yeadon (next to Town Hall)Rawdon (by the traffic lights, recently demolished)Horsforth (behind the shops)The Hollies, Weetwood Lane (still there, but for some reason closed)Roundhay (by Oakwood clock)Guiseley (converted into an office for a car dealership)

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

arry awk wrote: Re.the Roundhay/Oakwood 'prang',Did we establish what type of aircraft it was?If it was WW1 German ,it must have been a Fokkeror Taube biplane fighter? I think the only Gerry Biplanein ww2 was a 'spotter' reconnaissance floatplane carriedby their larger battleships and winched overboard in reasonablycalm seas to take off. I don't think Fritz went in for A/C carriersbut battleships could also have been fitted with a steam catapult to launch the Recce plane (Fiesler,who also made the 'Storch'?).Lot of guesswork there ,I'm afraid! Arry Awk i think it was british mate,a hawker hart,not ww1 mate i'm afraid.
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

stevief

Post by stevief »

I'm sure there's a boarded-up toilet block by the side of Yeadon Tarn.

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

[

stevief

Post by stevief »

JanCee wrote: stevief wrote: I'm sure there's a boarded-up toilet block by the side of Yeadon Tarn. It's still open. If you mean the one on the road to the side. Quite modern too. Do you mean near the playground Jan?There's a disused buildingon the far side,passed the boats,which looks like a former toilet.I say"looks like"because I can't imagine what else it could have been...

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

A

arry_awk

Post by arry_awk »

Thanks WiggyI was wondering where the 'German' Bit came from!Hawker Hart,eh? Great. They knocked the upper wing offthe old girl and Hey Presto! The Hawker Hurricane! The 'Hurry'Was the real workhorse off the 2nd WW. Not so 'glam' as the lovely Spitfire, or as fast, but she knocked a fair few Gerries out of the sky! Merlin engine,too but the fuselage shape was againstthe Hurry being as fast as the Spit. but she could turn 'Inside'much tighter than a Messersmitt so had the advantage ofsuddenly appearing behind poor old Fritz!Back to poor old Mr Fluck, did they say to him, when they pulled him out of the Hart, ' Just your rotten luck,Fluck!'I can guess the reply!Thanks again for the info Wiggy,ladArry AwkPS Could have been the Hawker Fury that preceded the 'Hurry'? Similar shape!

rangieowner

Post by rangieowner »

arry awk wrote: Thanks WiggyI was wondering where the 'German' Bit came from!Hawker Hart,eh? Great. They knocked the upper wing offthe old girl and Hey Presto! The Hawker Hurricane! The 'Hurry'Was the real workhorse off the 2nd WW. Not so 'glam' as the lovely Spitfire, or as fast, but she knocked a fair few Gerries out of the sky! Merlin engine,too but the fuselage shape was againstthe Hurry being as fast as the Spit. but she could turn 'Inside'much tighter than a Messersmitt so had the advantage ofsuddenly appearing behind poor old Fritz!Back to poor old Mr Fluck, did they say to him, when they pulled him out of the Hart, ' Just your rotten luck,Fluck!'I can guess the reply!Thanks again for the info Wiggy,ladArry AwkPS Could have been the Hawker Fury that preceded the 'Hurry'? Similar shape! What the f**k has this got to do with S**t houses????? Answers on a postcard please!!! Back to topic! Kippax Cross Hills bogs are still there but closed and in private ownership!!
Love a Landrover

carrotol

Post by carrotol »

Loos near my friends flat, in centre of Leeds, disappear every weekend?Anyone know why? I bet someone gets this straight away