Leeds 1207 - 2007 Photo Exhibition

Your favourite days out round Leeds
dsco
Site Admin

Post by dsco »

Hi there,This cropped up in another thread and I thought it was worth mentioning here too - there is an open air photo exhibition in Millennium Square again this year (like Earth from the Air and Spirit of the Wild over last couple of years). This year the theme is Leeds' 800th birthday, part of Celebrate Leeds 2007.It's pretty cool - lots of old shots from Leodis and the like, and lots of new pics too. You can go see it any time too, as it's outdoors, which is also handy.Check the following link for more info:http://www.leedsliveitloveit.com/Visito ... heers,dsco
Contact me via ask@tyrell.mobi if you have any questions or comments about the site.

Barwicker

Post by Barwicker »

I had a wander around the exhibition the other day and found it quite interesting. I had seen quite a few of the older photos before but it was still nice to see them enlarged.I would quibble with some of the captions however. Since when was Fred Trueman a Loiner. Surely he came from Maltby in the Republic of South Yorkshire! Another claims to be a view of Boar Lane from Briggate when it is the other way round.Still nobody is perfect.

munki

Post by munki »

There is a picture of my Mum in there somewhere, looking like a ghost in St. John's Church. She was very confused when I showed it to her. Let me see if I can find it...She is the ghostly figure by the door at the back of the church. I thought she would be all proud & happy when I showed it to her. She just claimed that she couldn't see herself at all.Still, great picture of a beautiful building, by Andy Paraskos.
Attachments
__TFMF_uncqntaleupr2gjpn3t41hrt_ecb3ddd0-bff6-42de-ae48-37a87d45f9cb_0_main.jpg
__TFMF_uncqntaleupr2gjpn3t41hrt_ecb3ddd0-bff6-42de-ae48-37a87d45f9cb_0_main.jpg (482.13 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

Phill_d

Post by Phill_d »

i think i can just about make a body shape out.. In the middle of the isle is she? no wonder she couldn't see herself munki
A fool spends his entire life digging a hole for himself.A wise man knows when it's time to stop!(phill.d 2010)http://flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/

munki

Post by munki »

Well, the prints on the Square are alot bigger then they appear on screen here!
'Are we surprised that men perish, when monuments themselves decay? For death comes even to stones and the names they bear.' - Ausonius.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

Made my way up there fo 10 minutes the other day and left about an hour later! Yes, even though many have been seen before, such a large image seems to show so much more. (psssst, be careful, everyone of them mentions some secret society thing in Leeds at the bottom!)