Kirkstall Road - Public Houses

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
Caron

Post by Caron »

What a sad sight. Hope they don't pull it down.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Only a matter of time i suppose,which will be next to catch fire,The Britannia in Holbeck??I think we are,without doubt,witnessing the death knell of these kinds of pubs.There seems to be no levelling out i the rate of closures of the out of town pubs at all.
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

So, what is the first "roadside pub", on the left, coming out of Leeds, after City Square?(sorry, I know, it's been done before)

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

If I give the game away too early will you be cross?

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

BarFly wrote: If I give the game away too early will you be cross? Nah, go on, do it !I didn't know till the w&w

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

I thought I was giving a clue?

mhoulden

Post by mhoulden »

Enigma Bar on New Road Side in Horsforth. There's also a bar in the rugby club next to Kirkstall Abbey.

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

mhoulden wrote: Enigma Bar on New Road Side in Horsforth. There's also a bar in the rugby club next to Kirkstall Abbey. True enough, though I think we discounted them the first time it was asked as they're not traditional pubs. There's a Conservative [I think?] club further along in Rawdon also.

simong

Post by simong »

I can remember this one being asked before, and the answer is quite surprising. It's the Yorkshire Rose in Guiseley.How many pubs were there historically? I assume a lot more between town and Kirkstall, but were there many if any between Kirkstall and Horsforth and Horsforth and Guiseley?

BarFly

Post by BarFly »

I had forgotten about the Yorkshire Rose. I can't think of any other pubs that have been there in my lifetime.