If You Go Down To The Tunnels Today...

Your favourite days out round Leeds
Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

One thing about this underworld thing is I've had 300 + hits from search engines for 'underworld Leeds' and 'dark arches' on my flickr stuff since yesterday. I can always tell when something is coming up, the search results for certain photos building up for a few days. It happens with my R.A.F Bempton underground bunker photos every year. It's the anniversary when that lad from Hull who went there mysteriously vanished and was never seen again. I have another photo called 'Wolf's lair' that gets masses of hits on Hitlers birthday, it isn't even the proper wolfs liar, mines in Derbyshire
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

tilly

Post by tilly »

Leodian wrote: I just hope Phill that the wind strength factor in that area is taken into better consideration than it seemed to have been done when Bridgewater was built. One thing for sure also is that the view of the Dark Arches where the River Wharfe emerges will be dramatically changed. Judged by the artist's impression it won't be long before we hear of people falling into the river. Oh, and cleaning the glass (or whatever it will be) could be a nice little earner for a window cleaning firm! Hi Leodian when did they divert the river Wharfe into Leeds.? LOL
No matter were i end my days im an Hunslet lad with Hunslet ways.

Si

Post by Si »

tilly wrote: Leodian wrote: I just hope Phill that the wind strength factor in that area is taken into better consideration than it seemed to have been done when Bridgewater was built. One thing for sure also is that the view of the Dark Arches where the River Wharfe emerges will be dramatically changed. Judged by the artist's impression it won't be long before we hear of people falling into the river. Oh, and cleaning the glass (or whatever it will be) could be a nice little earner for a window cleaning firm! Hi Leodian when did they divert the river Wharfe into Leeds.? LOL It was moved temporarily for the Overworlds and Underworlds event, Tilly. That's what cost £500K. They've put it back now.

tilly

Post by tilly »

Si wrote: tilly wrote: Leodian wrote: I just hope Phill that the wind strength factor in that area is taken into better consideration than it seemed to have been done when Bridgewater was built. One thing for sure also is that the view of the Dark Arches where the River Wharfe emerges will be dramatically changed. Judged by the artist's impression it won't be long before we hear of people falling into the river. Oh, and cleaning the glass (or whatever it will be) could be a nice little earner for a window cleaning firm! Hi Leodian when did they divert the river Wharfe into Leeds.? LOL It was moved temporarily for the Overworlds and Underworlds event, Tilly. That's what cost £500K. They've put it back now. Hi Si Its no wonder the fishing has inproved might get some nice trout now.LOL

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

tilly wrote: Leodian wrote: I just hope Phill that the wind strength factor in that area is taken into better consideration than it seemed to have been done when Bridgewater was built. One thing for sure also is that the view of the Dark Arches where the River Wharfe emerges will be dramatically changed. Judged by the artist's impression it won't be long before we hear of people falling into the river. Oh, and cleaning the glass (or whatever it will be) could be a nice little earner for a window cleaning firm! Hi Leodian when did they divert the river Wharfe into Leeds.? LOL Hi Tilly.Oops, red-faced me! I think my mind must have been thinking of the very nearby Granary Wharf, which made me state River Wharfe. Well, (apart from ever increasing senility) that's the quickest excuse I can think of just now that might be believed! I also like your post Si.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

I read it and didn't notice:- that's Greene King IPA for you !

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Jogon wrote: I read it and didn't notice:- that's Greene King IPA for you ! There used to be a Chinese student work in the New Roscoe, very nice girl she was, good English too, but the one thing she couldn't get a grasp of is when one of the old lads Les asked for a pint of Green King, she'd look daft at him.. A pint for drinking? No.. A pint of GREEN KING he replied? huh drinking? she'd say.. In the end he had to point it out to her     
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Yeah, you can't say no to another http://youtu.be/6a7I3570eFE

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

Jogon wrote: Yeah, you can't say no to another http://youtu.be/6a7I3570eFE A cat with his nine lives must have a Green King drinking grim reaper then

tilly

Post by tilly »

Leodian wrote: tilly wrote: Leodian wrote: I just hope Phill that the wind strength factor in that area is taken into better consideration than it seemed to have been done when Bridgewater was built. One thing for sure also is that the view of the Dark Arches where the River Wharfe emerges will be dramatically changed. Judged by the artist's impression it won't be long before we hear of people falling into the river. Oh, and cleaning the glass (or whatever it will be) could be a nice little earner for a window cleaning firm! Hi Leodian when did they divert the river Wharfe into Leeds.? LOL Hi Tilly.Oops, red-faced me! I think my mind must have been thinking of the very nearby Granary Wharf, which made me state River Wharfe. Well, (apart from ever increasing senility) that's the quickest excuse I can think of just now that might be believed! I also like your post Si. Hi Leodian i have the same problem but we would not be human if we did not make mistakes.The main thing is we can laugh at them and carry on untill the next one.LOL