Town pubs of the late 70's/early 80's

Old, disused, forgotten and converted pubs
wiggy

Post by wiggy »

anyone remember the name of the niteclub in the merrion centre,you went downstairs,through a door in an advertising hoarding?
i do believe,induced by potent circumstances,that thou art' mine enemy?

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

le phonographique?

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

JanCee wrote: le phonographique? thats the one! oh happy days! thanks for that j.c!

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

drapesy wrote: I've often noticed that sign too, it also has a square and compass on it. I think it must have closed quite a while ago: I dont remember it ever being open and I've been going in city centre pubs since the mid 70's. my mother in law used the masons,certainly in the 50s and 60s.

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

It's just occurred to me wiggy, it might have been just 'le phonographe'. But anyway, we got there.

stevief

Post by stevief »

JanCee wrote: It's just occurred to me wiggy, it might have been just 'le phonographe'. But anyway, we got there. Wasn't it also known as the 'Wigwam' at one time?

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

stevief wrote: JanCee wrote: It's just occurred to me wiggy, it might have been just 'le phonographe'. But anyway, we got there. Wasn't it also known as the 'Wigwam' at one time? Only that night when I'd had too much Double Diamond and thought I'd met Sitting Bull.

wiggy

Post by wiggy »

JanCee wrote: stevief wrote: JanCee wrote: It's just occurred to me wiggy, it might have been just 'le phonographe'. But anyway, we got there. Wasn't it also known as the 'Wigwam' at one time? Only that night when I'd had too much Double Diamond and thought I'd met Sitting Bull. it was defo 'le phonographique,thanks for that!

stevief

Post by stevief »

JanCee wrote: stevief wrote: JanCee wrote: It's just occurred to me wiggy, it might have been just 'le phonographe'. But anyway, we got there. Wasn't it also known as the 'Wigwam' at one time? Only that night when I'd had too much Double Diamond and thought I'd met Sitting Bull. I'm not speaking with forked-tongue here! I'm sure it was the Wigwam,don't ask me HOW!

JanCee

Post by JanCee »

stevief wrote: JanCee wrote: stevief wrote: JanCee wrote: It's just occurred to me wiggy, it might have been just 'le phonographe'. But anyway, we got there. Wasn't it also known as the 'Wigwam' at one time? Only that night when I'd had too much Double Diamond and thought I'd met Sitting Bull. I'm not speaking with forked-tongue here! I'm sure it was the Wigwam,don't ask me HOW! Okay then I must have been on the firewater rather than DD, Kimo Sabe.