Paranormal Leeds

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Brandy wrote: . Bloody Hell Brandy,that was triple lines there wasnt it!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Indeed Christopher my friend i added anextra one just for yours truly
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Brandy wrote: Indeed Christopher my friend i added anextra one just for yours truly Better go to the Compton page then Sean.Not original i grant you,but certianly nostalgic and topical at the same time    
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

JimmyJoo wrote: so i dont kno where my post has gone ,but for the record mo-fo i think steve jones is a great bloke and if any boyz'n'the hood tink im joking i will bust a cap in dare a$$ mo-fo check my bad self shamone heeee hee I smell a certain Twoccer from Seacroft in this edited post.Would i be correct Mister " I was sat outside all night with the folk singer,walked past the table full of nerds banging on about Skulls,maps,Crown and Fleece Pub,alleyways,suffocated army recruits and Dysons and yet still didnt realise what was going on til just before closing time"???    

simonm

Post by simonm »

Why does there have to be proof??????? Millions of people around the world believe in Jesus, God, Allah, Budda, etc etc etc. They al believe without any proof whatsoever, so why, when people mention spirits does everyone jump back and call those that believe gullible????I believe in the after life, maybe not as the bilbe tells it, but as I believe the pagans belive in the higher planes of existence. Trouble with the modern world is that if science don't prove it then it's wrong. Lets not forget that the humble bumble bee, scientifically, should not be able to fly, but it does and massive distances.Why do spirits have top proove themselves in order for folk to actually say they believe. Having lived in an old building, with a lot of history, I can tell you I DO beleive that spirits exist. Many things happened in the place I lved for me NOT to believe that we are not alone. NO, I don't sit in the middles of the room in a pentagram with candles at the corners, or wail incontrollably to flickering lights of a frie, while nymphs dance allaround me.This planet has been around for billions of years, don't tell me that we know it all!!!!!!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

What you say is mainly correct Simon BUT there are a lot of things that need proving before peeps believe them. I'd love to believe in ghosts/spirits whatever you want to call them. I'd love to have a chat with my dad again, ask my sister how's she's getting on without us. But no-one has proved to me that this is possible. I could go around saying to all and sundry that I can levitate myself off the ground and travel long distances without transport. Would you believe me? Or would I have to prove it to you?
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

simonm

Post by simonm »

Levitation, distance travle are possible on the astral plane. I'm sure SJ could explain that much better than I ever could. Does God exist, in which ever guise people follow? It's called belief, a belief that God exists is enough for billions of people worldwide, why? Things have been said to me in the past that lead me to believe that spirits / ghosts DO exist.Having said that. Most haunted does nothing but pour scorn on such things and I refuse to be dragged into the prog who's main character is a fraud. However, until anyone can explin certain things in my life logically I'll no longer believe in the afterlife, whatever it may hold for the dead of this world!!
I WANT TO BE IN THE "INCROWD" :)"Those who sacrifice Liberty for security deserve neither!!"

Si

Post by Si »

The point is.......there are loads of things that are unexplained. By attributing these things to ghosts/spirits/etc, they are explained. I prefer to think of them as simply unexplained. If people want to think of them in those terms, that's fine. I just don't happen to agree. Like ChrisM, my heart loves the idea of hauntings, etc, but my head says, "No proof!" Even on Most Haunted they use "scientific" methods, but without some sort of scientific back-up, you might as well believe in anything, like the Earth was created by an ant called Nigel.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'you might as well believe in anything, like the Earth was created by an ant called Nigel.'Nah Si, everyone knows it was the white mice who ordered it

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Not so much ghosts and goblins but mediums.I was sceptical as anybody,but last April and this AprilI visited a medium my wife had seen a few times.I was TOTALLY AMAZED.It was a mixture of numerology,mediumship and Tarot.She told me things that were amazing.My father's occupation(after he declared himself by name)What he wore at work,what my grandma did and where.My late mother in laws job as a clippie on the trams and her maiden name.On the second visit my Dad said that my mother would have stomach trouble,was 89 years old and star sign Pices,and that she would see her 90th.birthdayThis was in April.2 weeks tomorrow she was admitted to LGI,transferred to Jimmys on Saturday and then operated on for a perforated stomach.Never was I worried she would not pull through.It was not easy.She has been through the op(50-50) through ICI/HDU andon to an ordinary ward tomorrow.This is absolutely amazing.I am not a religous person but I am convinced there is an existance after death.the readings were recorded and I play them back and reflect in wonder. I was truly amazed and have an inner strength regarding death.I am truly gratefull and wish I had told my mother who I suspect covered this up until she could no longer stand the pain
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.