Paranormal Leeds

Hauntings, spectres and other supernatural tales
cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

What have i missed?Has someone been dissing Jonesy,i hope not!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: What have i missed?Has someone been dissing Jonesy,i hope not! you got mail.

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

Good evening ChrisYes you missed the diss yesterday mate some guy came on throwing insults at our learned friend the right honourable steve jones JPbut after a consultation in the judges chambers me and the Chameleon passed judgement and justice was swift lol
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

Brandy wrote: Good evening ChrisYes you missed the diss yesterday mate some guy came on throwing insults at our learned friend the right honourable steve jones JPbut after a consultation in the judges chambers me and the Chameleon passed judgement and justice was swift lol Im not having that,the Right Reverand Steve Jones KG,MBE,CBE DFC, KFC, is a top man.Glad the offending article has been removed
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

cnosni wrote: Brandy wrote: Good evening ChrisYes you missed the diss yesterday mate some guy came on throwing insults at our learned friend the right honourable steve jones JPbut after a consultation in the judges chambers me and the Chameleon passed judgement and justice was swift lol Im not having that,the Right Reverand Steve Jones KG,MBE,CBE DFC, KFC, is a top man.Glad the offending article has been removed Makes our recently acquired mystical powers to make things disappear worthwhile

JimmyJoo

Post by JimmyJoo »

so i dont kno where my post has gone , maybe someone couldnt accept id shut u up. listen stevejones if udve read properly i was givin drapseys comment which is 'I for one am not interested in the slightest - This 'sub Derek Acorah' tripe has nothing to do with 'Secret Leeds' as I understand it."I think the problem with 'proving' things is that there will always be people who don't believe because if they believe its not butter it really is jam on toast with tea,biscuits and scones mmmm It's a far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it? Mmmmm. Marvellous.It will be impossible to convince everyone of the paranormal hormonal psychedelic fairy's at the bottom of the garden and so it will never be proved!When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the seaDoes that make sense?"No it doesn't-on all sorts of levels - you obviously do not have any grasp of logic or empirical scientific methods. I can prove 2 plus 2 is 4 mathematically. you cannot simply not 'believe' that - it is a fact.If you could 'prove' that ghosts exists it would be a fact - not something people could chose to believe or not!Of course you can't prove that -just as I cant prove that 2 plus 2 is 5 !!!because it isn't!'well you couldnt understand the original example i tried to give u so what ill say is HOLOCAUST there are plenty of people and websites and books etc who deny it even happened , look for urselfs look in2 google type it in2 there n tel me that its impossible for people to not believe factso steve sort it out n back urself up with fact before u start goin on about someone,n i tel u sumat i have had wierd stuff happen i belive more than anyone but u just couldnt wait to have a go cos u didnt have the full facts,no wonder u not been able to prove existance of ghosts! spooooooooooooky    

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

JimmyJoo wrote: No it doesn't-on all sorts of levels - you obviously do not have any grasp of logic or empirical scientific methods. I can prove 2 plus 2 is 4 mathematically. you cannot simply not 'believe' that - it is a fact. If you could 'prove' that ghosts exists it would be a fact - not something people could chose to believe or not!Of course you can't prove that -just as I cant prove that 2 plus 2 is 5 !!!because it isn't!' You're demonstrating your own lack of logic by that last sentence. It CAN be proven that 2 + 2 doesn't = 5. It CANNOT be proven [or has not yet been] that ghosts don't exist. So the analogy is specious.     

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

JimmyJoo wrote: so i dont kno where my post has gone , maybe someone couldnt accept id shut u up. listen stevejones if udve read properly i was givin drapseys comment which is 'I for one am not interested in the slightest - This 'sub Derek Acorah' tripe has nothing to do with 'Secret Leeds' as I understand it."I think the problem with 'proving' things is that there will always be people who don't believe. It will be impossible to convince everyone of the paranormal and so it will never be proved!Does that make sense?"No it doesn't-on all sorts of levels - you obviously do not have any grasp of logic or empirical scientific methods. I can prove 2 plus 2 is 4 mathematically. you cannot simply not 'believe' that - it is a fact. If you could 'prove' that ghosts exists it would be a fact - not something people could chose to believe or not!Of course you can't prove that -just as I cant prove that 2 plus 2 is 5 !!!because it isn't!' well you couldnt understand the original example i tried to give u so what ill say is HOLOCAUST there are plenty of people and websites and books etc who deny it even happened , look for urselfs look in2 google type it in2 there n tel me that its impossible for people to not believe factso steve sort it out n back urself up with fact before u start goin on about someone,n i tel u sumat i have had wierd stuff happen i belive more than anyone but u just couldnt wait to have a go cos u didnt have the full facts,no wonder u not been able to prove existance of ghosts! Jimmy,with all respect,Drapesy does not want to prove the existance of ghosts because he doesnt believe in them.However im certain that if he thought they did exist then he would try and prove it in a scientific way,the same that you can prove that 2+2 is 4.People that deny the Holocaust are the opposite.Thers is unequivocal evidence that the Holocaust occured.My uncle was a first hand witness as to what happened as he was in the army in 1944 and 45 and was taken to see ,with his own eyes,the atrocity of the concentration camps, the bodies stacked high in railway carriages and on the ground awaiting cremation,i have recorded his eyewitness account of what he saw for posterity,he passed away 2 years ago.There is pictorial and visual evidence in the form of news reel that proved the Holocaust occured.I do not for one moment believe that you are a Holocaust denyer,and i believe that your analogy is a heartfelt and sincere attempt at trying to give an example of how peoples opinions can be laughed at,derided and twisted.But just because someone challenges your opinion doesnt mean they are having a go at you personally.You have your experiences and im sure they are valued and valid to yourself.But if you put those experiences in the public domain then expect them to be challenged by those who do not agree.Be prepared to stand by your opinion in the face of such challenges.But be prepared to accept that,along with the rest of us,that you could be wrong.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

......and equally, that the opinions of others perhaps deserve the same respect that you demand for yours - that is all that is asked for here.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

chameleon wrote: ......and equally, that the opinions of others perhaps deserve the same respect that you demand for yours - that is all that is asked for here. Quite Steve.By the way Jimmy,just because we dont ,or cant,post in a text style doesnt mean we view ourselves as being above everyone else .Im an air rills lad that went to Croggy high school,but i was brought up to try and spell (adimittedly unsuccessfully) correctly and be comprehensible.Reading text message style takes a few readings.Not because im slow or old but because it doesnt equate to how i ,or for that matter all of those of my own and older generations were told to read and write.So your style of posting is a little bit "Hoody" to most of teh contributors to this site.Please take that on board,and i would ask everyone else to take on board this style of posting too.Otherwise this site will be doomed to die if it doesnt evolve with the times.