THINGS YOU DON'T SEE ANYMORE (Part 1)

Explore your roots & tell us your family's history!
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

smoke belowing out from the tap room window!kids on home made bogeys!one penny mixes!carol singers at crimbo!skyrack and the leeds weekly news!ps/cracking little thread youv'e started here wiggy charver!����
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

chameleon
Site Admin

Post by chameleon »

'kids on home made bogeys!Would you want to be seen on a bogey made with the wheels from today's poncey little prams Brandy - wouldn't last the first pot-hole!

stevief

Post by stevief »

Window cleaners up ladders(it's a H & S issue).Also columns of midges on a summers evening.Bonfires on cobbled streets.Milk freezing in the bottle and the Blue Tits getting to it.Icicles.White Cross quality perambulators(the Rolls/Royce of prams) I never saw anyone trying to get on a bus with one though!

Bramley4woods

Post by Bramley4woods »

wiggy wrote: just for a little light hearted relief,how about,rag and bone men,white dog poo and the two headed dog! Not that long since I saw a rag and bone man. (Churwell)I think their successors just drive round in old drop side transit lorries raiding skips.White dog poo came from dogs fed on actual bones and not "Pedigree Slop".In the days of two faced politicians who needs two headed dogs ?
We wanted to make Leeds a better place for the future - but we're losing it. The tide is going out beneath our feet.

stevief

Post by stevief »

cnosni wrote: Quality road tar that melts in the hot weather and you can pickoff with your fingers,spending hours trying to get it off. Playing with hot tar in summer.It had a very limited potential really but it kept out in the 'fresh' air.A bit like making mud pies and damming streams.I'm convinced all the muck we played with had a beneficial effect in the long run,health wise.

Trojan

Post by Trojan »

stevief wrote: cnosni wrote: .I'm convinced all the muck we played with had a beneficial effect in the long run,health wise. Could be too early to tell, like the kids who played in the Turner Newell asbestos dust around Armley. When we were kids we played anywhere and everywhere and not many people tried to stop us, so God alone knows what we encountered. Still here of course - so far so good.
Industria Omnia Vincit

Brandy

Post by Brandy »

what ever happened to the lord mayors parade??
There are only 10 types of people in the world -those who understand binary, and those that don't.

cnosni
Site Admin

Post by cnosni »

wiggy wrote: fevlad wrote: rattles, rosettes, home maade scarves at rugby/soccer gamesThe Seacroft Hospital column in the Evening post on a staurdaybed number so and so very poorly ands so onyour shirt collar being black on the inside where it touched your neck at the end of the day���� is my collar suposed to be clean then?? Judging by your mighty fine ruff sir i would say that you have not only a clean but also a well starched piece of neck apparel!!
Don't get me started!!My Flickr photos-http://www.flickr.com/photos/cnosni/Secret Leeds [email protected]

fevlad

Post by fevlad »

women with no tattoos
I went down to the crossroads and got down on my knees

Pashy

Post by Pashy »

Sounds like a tide mark round your neck.Do you still see leather school satchels, real schoolboy caps,wooden pencil boxes,wooden rulers,navy blue gaberdine belted raincoats, trainspotters, Jowett Javelins??Do kids still play whip and top, hopscotch, rounders, British bulldog, ship & anchor ??Do kids still get Whitsuntide clothes to show off to their relos and get money?