There seems to have been a few cash robberies
recently.
McDonalds Killing Beckett
Regent Chapel Allerton
McColls Seacroft
Pizza Express Roundhay
A petrol station Wetherby Rd

Next?
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

dogduke

Re: How many robbing days to Christmas?

Post by dogduke »

Sorry Killingbeck
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Off topic because it is London but there is a pub there where the owners were so sick of overnight breakins that they have gone card only. It was highlighted, I think, on the days charities, that support the poor, were warning we are walking headlong into a cashless society.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

harrym1byt

Post by harrym1byt »

tyke bhoy wrote:Off topic because it is London but there is a pub there where the owners were so sick of overnight breakins that they have gone card only. It was highlighted, I think, on the days charities, that support the poor, were warning we are walking headlong into a cashless society.
I am almost cashless, I only carry cards (three banks in case of failures) and a bit of change for incidentals. All my bills are paid via direct debit, what is not to like?

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Agreed, I'm almost cashless too. I think though some people though still can't open bank accounts and therefore don't have debit cards let alone credit cards. Also some people find it easier to budget if they can physically compatmentalise there income in jars/tins/piles .... for known outgoings and then what is left is the "disposable income". Its a bit more abstract when you have to work out how much you need to leave in your bank account at any given point to cover "bills" until the next payment in arrives. This is especially difficult for those that sail close to the wind each month and are most likely to be poor.
living a stones throw from the Leeds MDC border at Lofthousehttp://tykebhoy.wordpress.com/

harrym1byt

Post by harrym1byt »

My deceased partner was like that, except she didn't use jars, she used several different accounts for different purposes and cash for the rest. It was an absolute nightmare to untangle.

A bank account ought to be the basic right of everyone in the UK.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

Talking of cash and apologies for going off-topic but one thing I've noticed with the plastic £5 and £10 notes is that they easily slip out of pockets or fingers. I have picked up a few notes in recent months and put them into charity boxes.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

tyke bhoy

Post by tyke bhoy »

Leodian wrote:Talking of cash and apologies for going off-topic but one thing I've noticed with the plastic £5 and £10 notes is that they easily slip out of pockets or fingers. I have picked up a few notes in recent months and put them into charity boxes.
They do remind me of the texture of Izal (Other toilet papers are available)

dogduke

Post by dogduke »

Second strike at the Wetherby Rd petrol station

McDonalds on Valley Rd Bradford robbed at gunpoint.
Already robbed three times this year already
Dangerous times