Ale & Local History combined. Secret Leeds Heaven!
- Posts: 1322
- Joined: Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:47 am
- Posts: 3036
- Joined: Wed 21 Dec, 2011 1:28 pm
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat 29 Mar, 2014 6:32 am
- Posts: 130
- Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2008 4:53 pm
It was called The Mexborough Arms before Wetherspoons took it over. The first pub, this is the second, was built as a coaching inn and it is said that there was a gallows on the site of the old bowling green. The pub was extended in the late 70's, creating Fox's nightclub which was very popular. I went to see John Lowe, Leighton Rees, Cliff Lazarenko and Eric Bristow all play an exhibition match there one night (78/79) and the place was packed. It suffered a bit when the Shoulder of Mutton closed as a lot of the people causing the Shoulder's problems became regulars but since then the landlord has worked hard to keep it the decent pub it is.
- The Three Hulats, Harrogate Road, Leeds.JPG (0 Bytes) Viewed 4198 times
- Posts: 2168
- Joined: Mon 23 Jul, 2007 8:30 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest