Lost pub

Ale & Local History combined. Secret Leeds Heaven!
billmo73

Post by billmo73 »

Anyone know the name of pub that used to be on Pudsey Road,Bramley?    

iansmithofotley

Post by iansmithofotley »

Hi billmo73,Do you mean The Gamecock?Ian

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

I think you mean the one that was much further up Pudsey Lane, past Wickes, almost in Pudsey. The building is still there Im almost certain, as a private house. Possibly, and I'm struggling here, the Grove????
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

drapesy wrote: I think you mean the one that was much further up Pudsey Lane, past Wickes, almost in Pudsey. The building is still there Im almost certain, as a private house. Possibly, and I'm struggling here, the Grove???? We once lived at the pudsey end well past Wickes and there was the white horse near the end where it joins with Lowtown and the Victoria on the corner. We also had the Britannia close.these were pudsey pubs well away from Bramley though.

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Yes those pubs are still there, as you say in Pudsey. The pub I think Bilmo is referring to was further down the hill , towards Wickes .
there are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand ternary, those that don't and those that think this a joke about the binary system.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

drapesy wrote: Yes those pubs are still there, as you say in Pudsey. The pub I think Bilmo is referring to was further down the hill , towards Wickes . My word Drapemeister, you go further up the hill then further down the hill!!!Gamecock sounds right for the description. I can't find a pub between that and the White horseanywhere on Pudsey Road unless were talking a long long time ago. Anyway where's pubmeister Liits??

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

According to Kelly's 1908 Directory the Grove Inn was on Pudsey Road. It was close to Baden Terrace (near Wickes).

drapesy

Post by drapesy »

Back of the net!!!!!!

ggbix

Post by ggbix »

Yes, it was definitely The Grove. Go past Wickes towards Pudsey, through the traffic lights and on the right you have a row of terraced houses, the last house on the right was the pub, it had a very small car park at the side of it which is now used for private parking.