What and where 5

How well do you know Leeds?
somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Might someone have been dabbling in home pyrotechnics ????
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

somme1916 wrote: Might someone have been dabbling in home pyrotechnics ???? Not in this case, no sparks or flames directly involved, indirectly yes.So if anyone has now got it keep your powder dry so others can still have a think about where it is and what it is?If your busting a gut to say, add a clue.

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

I wonder if a telephone call to this place may be involved (but not Call Lane)?
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Leodian wrote: I wonder if a telephone call to this place may be involved (but not Call Lane)? Just for you Leo, this roadway once excercised the minds of parliamentarians?If you now can get it give us the answer???.Everyone else stick to the rules please? Just post another clue if you now get it?Let's rack a few clues up before blurting out the answer    

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

The Parksider wrote: Leodian wrote: I wonder if a telephone call to this place may be involved (but not Call Lane)? Just for you Leo, this roadway once excercised the minds of parliamentarians?If you now can get it give us the answer???.Everyone else stick to the rules please? Just post another clue if you now get it?Let's rack a few clues up before blurting out the answer     Come on. Who knows all the vocabulary and terminology associated with Rack and Pinion mechanisms then?Not a clue on this one at the moment myself though.And Leo, if you meant Ring, I had already mentioned it up the page.

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

Right then Parksider.It winds it's way through the Leeds shortened version of Australia underneath a railway bridge before finding the local outback.Probably way out, but some of the clues fit.

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

salt 'n pepper wrote: Right then Parksider.It winds it's way through the Leeds shortened version of Australia underneath a railway bridge before finding the local outback.Probably way out, but some of the clues fit. Indeed, the first time I travelled this Leeds "road" it went underneath a Railway Bridge.The last time I travelled it 40 years on, it went under a road "bridge".these things are not always as one pictures them.    

The Parksider

Post by The Parksider »

Leodian wrote: I wonder if a telephone call to this place may be involved Indeed, it would be a two way trunk(ated) call..........

Leodian

Post by Leodian »

salt 'n pepper wrote: The Parksider wrote: Leodian wrote: I wonder if a telephone call to this place may be involved (but not Call Lane)? Just for you Leo, this roadway once excercised the minds of parliamentarians?If you now can get it give us the answer???.Everyone else stick to the rules please? Just post another clue if you now get it?Let's rack a few clues up before blurting out the answer     Come on. Who knows all the vocabulary and terminology associated with Rack and Pinion mechanisms then?Not a clue on this one at the moment myself though.And Leo, if you meant Ring, I had already mentioned it up the page. Oops, my bad. I did mean Ring Road but somehow I never saw your post so sorry salt 'n pepper.
A rainbow is a ribbon that Nature puts on when she washes her hair.

String o' beads

Post by String o' beads »

I'm thinking there's a link, origin wise, with a tragedy that occurred not too far away from me. I passed the commemorative plaque this very morning.    ETA: I live in Gateshead for anyone who doesn't know. And that's not an 'invention'.