Old tram to Leeds-Guess where.

How well do you know Leeds?
Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

A street all too familiar to any Leeds loiner. I'm just wondering how recognisable it is considering how it looks today?So anyone any idea where those old shops used to be?I've blanked out the tram destination to not narrow down the route it was taking, and one of the shop names, as a quick search on google reveals all The street isn't good enough, you have to guess the exact spot the photo was taken!        
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Phill_dvsn wrote: A street all too familiar to any Leeds loiner. I'm just wondering how recognisable it is considering how it looks today?So anyone any idea where those old shops used to be?I've blanked out the tram destination to not narrow down the route it was taking, and one of the shop names, as a quick search on google reveals all The street isn't good enough, you have to guess the exact spot the photo was taken!         You and your "secret leeds" tram !
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

somme1916 wrote: You and your "secret leeds" tram !      Oh yes, Jogon the Secret Leeds stickman had a total brake failure driving it    
My flickr pictures are herehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/phill_dvsn/Because lunacy was the influence for an album. It goes without saying that an album about lunacy will breed a lunatics obsessions with an album - The Dark side of the moon!

biofichompinc

Post by biofichompinc »

It's all uphill for that chap reading his Daily Sketch as he saunters up from his Dutch courage in the ******* before buying an engagement ring for the girl of his dreams in a minute or two.Maybe her name was - and still is - Daisy and he will shortly be crossing the road to buy a bicycle made for two.

Phill_dvsn

Post by Phill_dvsn »

salt 'n pepper wrote: It's all uphill for that chap reading his Daily Sketch as he saunters up from his Dutch courage in the ******* before buying an engagement ring for the girl of his dreams in a minute or two.Maybe her name was - and still is - Daisy and he will shortly be crossing the road to buy a bicycle made for two. No flies on you S&P

somme1916

Post by somme1916 »

Believe at one time you could get your gnashers fixed very close by ! Not something simply pleasureable I would imagine.
        I'm not just anybody,I am sommebody !

James

Post by James »

After buying a new motor bike in that street, I came off and wrecked it two minutes later as I crossed over a bridge...... The tram's on its way to Halton.

tomq

Post by tomq »

Once bought a made to measure suit from that branch of Weaver to Wearer.
Tom

uncle mick

Post by uncle mick »

tomq wrote: Once bought a made to measure suit from that branch of Weaver to Wearer. ....... and I bought one at the other side of the road from Sim Stankler

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Perhaps the gentleman has been to our 'quarter'