What & Where

How well do you know Leeds?
Caron

Post by Caron »

St Michael's Lane, old school, opposite the chippy, YORKSHIRE. (cos Cardiarms sez so).

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

book wrote: The Khagan Valley? Those were the days Book Khagan ValleyIt was good wasn't it. These days they've all gone a bit, well twee.Once got a takeaway, popped it in my cycle panniers and pedalled back to to me digs off Monkbridge Rd.The oil/Ghee leached out of the curry & Bhajis and became part of the fabric of the panniers.Looked appalling. Smelt great! (and seemed to aid waterproofing).    

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

book wrote: The Khagan Valley? Those were the days Who can remember what it was before the Kaghan?

book

Post by book »

Jogon wrote: book wrote: The Khagan Valley? Those were the days Book Khagan ValleyIt was good wasn't it. These days they've all gone a bit, well twee.Once got a takeaway, popped it in my cycle panniers and pedalled back to to me digs off Monkbridge Rd.The oil/Ghee leached out of the curry & Bhajis and became part of the fabric of the panniers.Looked appalling. Smelt great! (and seemed to aid waterproofing).     Yes in the early days the KV was good, I liked the early more rustic Indian takeaways, Chakwals near the Uni and Bobby's Swwet Centre at Chapletown but the Khagan was always handy after a session in the Rack
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Cardiarms wrote: book wrote: The Khagan Valley? Those were the days Who can remember what it was before the Kaghan? Preachers' Diner! I think it was a vegetarian cafe. And the Skyrack didn't have a beer garden in those days - the Troy Garage was on that site     

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Yup, my mate let a stink bomb off in there. I might be misremembering but was it also called 'Some like it hot' for a while?

Tasa

Post by Tasa »

Cardiarms wrote: Yup, my mate let a stink bomb off in there. I might be misremembering but was it also called 'Some like it hot' for a while? Yes, you're right. I'd forgotten about that until you mentioned it - was it a burger/steak restaurant?

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

Think so but I can vaguely remembre spaghetti and meatballs.

book

Post by book »

Most definitely a burger place, big quality burgers not like today's chains.
Is it me or has Leeds gone mad

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

To resurrect and old thread, my mam insists 'Some like it hot' was on North lane (followed by Ron's Bistro, Ferret Hall and now Sabah Thai), not where Kaghan was (now Tariq's). Did it go straight from Preacher's Diner to the Kaghan?