Without using a computer...(please)

How well do you know Leeds?
Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Excluding restaurants etc, ie real "roadside Pubs" only, nothing set back or retail park.With your back to Leeds City Square.Proceeding onto Wellington St outbound ie Kirkstall Rd, A65 to Burley in Wharfedale.What is the first pub ON YOUR LEFT to stop and have a pint in?

Chrism

Post by Chrism »

Oooh good one, I got as far as Horsforth and my brain blew up. Don't know Horsforth all that well so I'd say it's there.
Sit thissen dahn an' tell us abaht it.

geoffb

Post by geoffb »

Is it the White Cross at Guiseley    

yorkiesknob

Post by yorkiesknob »

Jogon wrote: Excluding restaurants etc, ie real "roadside Pubs" only, nothing set back or retail park.With your back to Leeds City Square.Proceeding onto Wellington St outbound ie Kirkstall Rd, A65 to Burley in Wharfedale.What is the first pub ON YOUR LEFT to stop and have a pint in? Yorkshire Rose @ GuiseleyUse to be the Milford on Kirkstall Rd years ago
Where there's muck there's money. Where there's money there's a fiddle.

BLAKEY

Post by BLAKEY »

yorkiesknob wrote: What is the first pub ON YOUR LEFT to stop and have a pint in? Yorkshire Rose @ GuiseleyUse to be the Milford on Kirkstall Rd years ago I think the Milford is still open but its on the right, but I'm sure you're right about the Yorkshire Rose at Guiseley - formerly a Hammonds house called "The Commercial" and for obvious reasons in those days nicknamed "Long sign."
There's nothing like keeping the past alive - it makes us relieved to reflect that any bad times have gone, and happy to relive all the joyful and fascinating experiences of our own and other folks' earlier days.

yorkiesknob

Post by yorkiesknob »

Hi Blakey,                    I could be wrong, but Ithough the Milford Inn was just up from the viadct outbound on the left. The link gives the address as #243 which I think is the river side. The Milford working mens used to opposite, near the Rising Sun.http://www.closedpubs.co.uk/yorkshire/l ... htmlCheers Yorkie
Where there's muck there's money. Where there's money there's a fiddle.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

No history please.Current, live, walk in for a pint only please..

Cardiarms

Post by Cardiarms »

There's a couple of social clubs, do they count? One in Horsforth and a conservative club towars Rawdon. I don't go beyond there very often so haven't a clue

jdbythesea

Post by jdbythesea »

The only one I can think of on the left, apart from the Yorkshire Rose, is the Fox at Menston.

Jogon

Post by Jogon »

Cardiarms wrote: There's a couple of social clubs, do they count? One in Horsforth and a conservative club towars Rawdon. I don't go beyond there very often so haven't a clue With a name like that y'oughta know better. Pubs only!